SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an interesting problem.....

My wife was trying to open the passenger door when I unlocked the car using the remote central locking, at this point the passenger door remained locked and the other three doors opened, this seems to have resulted in the whole central locking system breaking down...... to be specific......

The driver door no longer shuts.... the catch that holds the door shut no longer works, when I slam the door it just bounces open again, the other three door shut correctly.

The remote central locking button no longer works. (the boot is fine)

The locking button on the central console no longer works (though I can hear a feignt clicking noise which sounds like its trying to work)

It is not possible to push the locking pin down on the driver door....... the pin can be pushed down on the other doors.

If I try to open the door manually it does not set off the central locking.

The fuel door is locked shut (with a 20 mile dte).

Is it possible to reset the central locking? or any manual overrides........?

If anyone has an idea what could be causig this it would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Did you try locking the driver door using the key? If that didn't work then try this.

Remove the battery terminals, lock all the doors manually then reinstall the battery terminals about 15 minutes later. You'll need to resynchronize the remote to the car by pressing it several times until you hear the remote working. Hopefully this will fix the problem. Be prepared and have the radio code on hand to enter it once the "radio code in" message apears on the SID.

Good luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried diconnecting the battery to reset the central locking but I had no joy.......:cry::cry::cry:

I think the source of the problem is that the drivers door lock is jammed open. This is what I am seeing

- I cant unlock the drivers door with the key.
- I cant manully push the driver door locking pin down to lock the door manually.
- The remote central locking is unresponsive.
- And to really rub it in the drivers door catch is not working so when I slam the door shut it just bounces back open

Has anyone ever seen anything like this before? Any help would be very much appreciated.....

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
I had a problem with the drivers door not wanting to lock one morning when I drove 2 miles for gas. It was fine at home, but at the gas station, it would not lock, so I had to drive home with one hand holding the door shut and the other hand shifting. When I got home, I got out my torx set and began loosening the 3 torx bolts on the locking mechanism on the rear of the drivers door. As soon as I loosened the bottom bolt, I heard the lock snap. I closed the door and the lock worked as it should.

Also, I have heard that the when you use the key to open the door that the electrical mechanism opens the lock. When it's not working, I have read that you have to turn the key much harder to unlock it. But, I've never had to do this... Ron

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
I tried diconnecting the battery to reset the central locking but I had no joy.......:cry::cry::cry:

I think the source of the problem is that the drivers door lock is jammed open. This is what I am seeing

- I cant unlock the drivers door with the key.
- I cant manully push the driver door locking pin down to lock the door manually.
- The remote central locking is unresponsive.
- And to really rub it in the drivers door catch is not working so when I slam the door shut it just bounces back open

Has anyone ever seen anything like this before? Any help would be very much appreciated.....
That sounds like a mechanical problem in the lock / catch mechanism itself
not an electrical malfunction. unless the driver door is closed the remote won't lock the car so this part of the remote not functioning to lock the car is normal.

The only way is to open the door and check what caused the lock mechanism to stop working.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
That sounds like a mechanical problem in the lock / catch mechanism itself Agree, the mechanism may be bent or broken.
not an electrical malfunction. unless the driver door is closed the remote won't lock the car so this part of the remote not functioning to lock the car is normal.

The only way is to open the door and check what caused the lock mechanism to stop working.
The driver door no longer shuts.... the catch that holds the door shut no longer works, when I slam the door it just bounces open again, the other three door shut correctly.
Slam or close ?
A number of slams, over the years, and the door lock/latch mechanism is damaged.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts