SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get stickers to put on my peeled emblems. Anyone know the size of the front and rear emblems on the NG900? I'm thinking about getting the SAAB airplane logo to match my leather key chain.

Thanks,
falcon21

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Might as well spend a couple bucks and just replace the entire emblem. It'll look like new. Getting the sticky backing off the paint is a pain. I used a can of decal remover and some PLASTIC putty knives and carefully worked the old padding off before reapplying the new decal. The emblem needs to come off anyways, might as well put new ones on.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
I think that's just a straight sticker, whereas the other ones are gel domed and fit over the existing emblem like this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-5-SAAB-Gr...3325687461228454&_qi=RTM1062695#ht_798wt_1392
this buyer seems to have a bunch of different styles and might have the style you're looking at, but it'll be domed and glossy and sticks on top of your existing emblem. Otherwise I *think* you still have to peel your existing emblem apart and clean the old logo off, then stick that "sticker" on the backing or something which is a LOT of work and won't look new.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A lot of work? All I have to do is put a sticker on the emblem.

So the front emblem is 1.9", anyone know the rear emblem size on the decor panel?

·
Registered
554 Posts
I think that's just a straight sticker, whereas the other ones are gel domed and fit over the existing emblem like this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-5-SAAB-Gr...3325687461228454&_qi=RTM1062695#ht_798wt_1392
this buyer seems to have a bunch of different styles and might have the style you're looking at, but it'll be domed and glossy and sticks on top of your existing emblem. Otherwise I *think* you still have to peel your existing emblem apart and clean the old logo off, then stick that "sticker" on the backing or something which is a LOT of work and won't look new.
that guy is in Portugal... seems like a pain....

the stickers work fine... just peel off the flaking paint and stick...lol
does it look factory up close?-no
does it look a LOT better than a faded peeling emblem-YES

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
That guy is actually well known in the Saab gel-dome sticker world. I wouldn't hesitate to use him. In fact, I plan to!

If you want real emblems, I'd wait a few weeks for them to show up in the Saab parts pipeline again. People are charging unreasonable prices for them while they are in short supply.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Yeah, that gel dome is priced right. I think for $10 a black background and Griffin look pretty nice. It took a good 45 minutes to replace my rear emblem and scrape the gunk away, but after seeing these I know what's going on the hood in 30 seconds or less :cheesy:

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I might as well just pay a little more for the 3D gel emblems. Now just which one to get?

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I believe trunk emblem measured about 2.3". I could be off as it was dark outside. Does that sound right, I only see 1.9" and 2.5" ones on ebay.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
The guy that sells the airplane logo emblems on ebay can make one any size you want. I've had the small on the front and the large on back for over a year now and they still look very nice (my car is blue). You have to look real close to see that it's not a factory emblem. Plus the guy is in PA and delivers in two to three days.

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
The guy that sells the airplane logo emblems on ebay can make one any size you want. I've had the small on the front and the large on back for over a year now and they still look very nice (my car is blue). You have to look real close to see that it's not a factory emblem. Plus the guy is in PA and delivers in two to three days.
Are those gel dome or flat stickers?

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Are those gel dome or flat stickers?
The only airplane logo I could find was just a flat sticker. I think I'm gonna go with a gel dome with just the griffin on it.

EDIT: I did find a gel one that is 2.5" but it doesn't say anything about other sizes.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
The front one is 50mm and the rear one is 60mm if your car has the reflective panel and 75 mm if it's the painted one

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I ordered them today and should have them by the 16th. I'll post some photos once I have them on my 900.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got the emblem stickers today, they should be on my car tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think they look pretty good!

If you look very very close you might be able to notice the outline of the original emblem underneath. I am very happy with this though, I'm glad I went with the gel sticker, thanks to everyone! ;ol;

·
Registered
556 Posts
;ol;;ol;

Exactly what size and seller did you get so I can order mine right now?

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
If I remember correctly the eBay seller is focuslima, I'm not at my computer otherwise I would send you a link. The front emblem is 1.9" and the rear emblem with the decor panel is 2.25". It may be different if you don't have the decor panel. The guy has all the sizes he sells listed so make a measurement if your not sure.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts