SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1998 900 se and was planning on putting mesh behind the chrome on the front grille. I know there are so many threads on this already, but I have run into a problem and haven't seen it elsewhere. The chrome and black backing of the grille have been taken apart, but all the old clips that hold the chrome on are broke. Anyone have any ideas on fitting the mesh behind the chrome with little to no clips. I was thinking gorilla glue, but its hard to get the mesh to stick. I really would like to do this, I love the look!

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
It only works on the 93 grills. They have removable clips. The 900 grills are fixed.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I did it today using gutter guard from home depot for like $2. I used gorrila glue to attach the mesh to the black backing, using zip ties to hold it together until the glue dried. The hard part was attaching the chrome trim to the mesh. It is the ng900 grille so it didn't really clip together. I used some silicone adhesive to fill the small gap between the black backing, mesh and the chrome then put some gorilla glue in with it for extra hold. Surprisingly it came out great and I'm very happy with the result. Next is the removal of the orange reflector in the corners!

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I too have done a mesh NG900 grille. Not as easy as the 9-3, but still not bad. Im currently in the process of meshing a highly modified second 9-3 grille for winter/overnight road trip use.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts