SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's an interesting one for you all:

I noticed that if the date in the radio is incorrect the Next Service Indicator displays
>---

Now this isn't a problem if you have a factory radio in the car. I've gone and had my factory radio swapped out with a different unit. Is it possible to get the Next Service Indicator back without the factory radio? I suspect that the ECU is reading the date from the factory radio via the lan... any way to defeat that?

·
Registered
128 Posts
lucidforest said:
Here's an interesting one for you all:

I noticed that if the date in the radio is incorrect the Next Service Indicator displays
>---
I'm not completely sure that the radio date has anything to do with the SID displays. After I got my 10K service a few days ago, I noticed the date was incorrect on my radio and it had no effect on the SID. Interesting question.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I thought too, but when the date was fixed... everything else worked too. I also can't seem to reset the service indicator as specified in the manual, the option doesn't show up!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Just had service at 8.5K

Not to hijack this thread, but just had my first service on my '07 at 8.5K miles SID was down to 1% or so before the Time for Service warning came on. After the service, they re-set the SID and now it gives 68% before next service interval. Should it not go to 99% after they re-set it? Seems kind of strange.

·
Registered
128 Posts
mine too

swede said:
Not to hijack this thread, but just had my first service on my '07 at 8.5K miles SID was down to 1% or so before the Time for Service warning came on. After the service, they re-set the SID and now it gives 68% before next service interval. Should it not go to 99% after they re-set it? Seems kind of strange.
My situation was exactly the same. My SID was reset to 68% after the 10K.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Ahh...if it were an 03'-06' I'd say don't mess with the fiber optics gods but the 07' should be different.

Let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Contact your dealer and have them explain it to you. TSB # 100-2666 was issued in April,2007 advising that all 2007 and subsequent 9-3 models had a changed program for calculating and displaying interval to next service and next edition of WIS would show this change.

It seems to now have the time between Main services as primary weight in the formula. In my case first oil change was done at little over 9K and SID was reset and showed "66% to Main". As car had been built in Feb,2007 and oil changed 8 months later in Oct,2007,this meant there was 16 months left to time for Main(16/24) or 66%. If the car was parked and not driven for that 16 month period,the SID would drop about 4% a month until reaching close to 1 or 2% at which time SID would state it was time for Main service. However in real life the car will be driven and if you hit time(1 year) or mileage(10K) for another oil change before then,the SID will now figure that as you have hit max mileage of 20K before max time of 24 months,it overides the time element and the notification on Sid will now call for Main and Intermediate services to be done then.As both services are done at same time,the SID will now reset to 100%.

My dealer has been unable to get anything more than this out of Saab up to now.:confused:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Mine is currently showing "Next service ---" as well. Any recommendations? I think I've read about 100 threads on resetting this thing. I was at 10.5K after a service and it showed 61%. So I advance the year by 1, did the reset, and now I get "---". Any tips are appreciated. Thanks....

·
Registered
62 Posts
Here's what I did.

Car showed 61% after service.

So, I reset the date on the radio ahead 1 year.
Then the Service reminder said "Time for Intermediate Sevice"
From there I reset the reminder.

Once I was finished I set the date back to the current date.
That is when the --- showed up.

If I move the date into the future again it show's XX% remaining. But it will only show --- when set to the correct date.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My combi x had a service at 33kmiles its now on 34kmiles and it says 44% until main. Does this sound right. The service centre basically told me the car needs its next service at 44k miles. What does the main service include exactly. Just to ensure that I can confirm this with the garage when the time is due. The garages in this part of the world at the most honest dealer included. You have to literally tell them what you expect.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts