SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Water pump is done, thanks for the help everyone, now the thermostat is going to get changed tomorrow, i just want to make sure i know what im doing, first i have to remove all teh coolant hoses near the thermostat, remove the throttle body, remove the idle valve and then unbolt the thermostat housing, replace it and then put everything back, if thats not right please some one chime in, now for the major task

I bought brembo rotors, super blue brake fluid, ss lines, and ebc red stuff pads

I need to know how to change the brake lines. I have changed rotors and pads before, so thats no problem. i have a good idea of how to flush the brake system, and replace the current fluid with the super blue one, the only thing i need to know is how to replace the current rubber brake lines with the new ss lines i bought from sasab.com

thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
iv been doing some reading and i think okay to change the thermostat but i still havent found anything on the brake lines, any help?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I gave up on the thermostat!, i dont have the right tool to remove the throttle body. i got all the hoses off but the dam bolt on the throttle body, i couldnt get it off, i had everything off, i even was able to pull the idle valve off which i cleaned since it was out, car idles so much better, but back to the thermostat, i guess ill have to get the tool to do it, are there any tricks to getting it off? and the brakes, there is no write up on how to change the brake lines, just by looking it looks like all i have to do is unbolt the old line and bolt up the new one, should i use some silicone tape to seal it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts