SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to order my replacement o2 sensor as my current one is finished. While the Canadian dollar is spanking the greenback:p I was thinking of ordering a new MOD as well.

Current State:

6-Point Brace
Sport Exhust
Stage 2 Nordic
Viggen Intercooler
Rear Frame Brace

What could I get on the way to greatness within the $100-$300 range that will make a difference. I was thinking about the 3" DP but I dont think that will fit in my price range.

Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,901 Posts
kaltorak said:
I am about to order my replacement o2 sensor as my current one is finished. While the Canadian dollar is spanking the greenback:p I was thinking of ordering a new MOD as well.

Current State:

6-Point Brace
Sport Exhust
Stage 2 Nordic
Viggen Intercooler
Rear Frame Brace

What could I get on the way to greatness within the $100-$300 range that will make a difference. I was thinking about the 3" DP but I dont think that will fit in my price range.

Thanks!
A nice down pipe should cost about $550, but if you can strtch your price range, you absolutly should, thye open up the turbo so much and you can absolutely feel the difference.

If you can't though, I would say that you could get the turbo intake pipe mod, a steering rack brace, save up for a better intercooler, an open air intake, KONI lowering springs.

This is just a small list of mods I did on my baby that are under $300, one thing that I would tell you is an absolute must is a manual boost controller. Go to smartperformance.net and look up what he had there. They are literally the biggest bang-for-your-buck mod you can do. My smbc only cost $30 and I felt the difference.

Since your car is a T5 you will want to get an MBC+A instead, which costs a bit more, but also yields more boost.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
9-3sleeper said:
A nice down pipe should cost about $550, but if you can strtch your to get an MBC+A instead, which costs a bit more, but also yields more boost.
Actually have an intake as well K&N and I have the steering brace. I was under the understanding that with my Nordic Stage II I did not need the MBC+A.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
You are right, you don't need the MBC.

I am a big believer in doing suspension/chassis/brake upgrades before anything power related.

As you already have the subframe brace, what do you think about a braking upgrade? Perhaps more aggressive pads with SS lines and some good Motul fluid?

-DJ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,901 Posts
kaltorak said:
Actually have an intake as well K&N and I have the steering brace. I was under the understanding that with my Nordic Stage II I did not need the MBC+A.
I apologize, you're probably correct, I don't know much about the T5's.
Sorry about that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Troll_speed said:
Got your snow tires yet?

Or save for Koni's for the spring.

Yes I have my iceguards ready. I was thinking of:

A) Replacing my vacuum hoses

B) Forge Twin Piston BOV

C) Replace o2 sensor
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Next MOD in Plan

After the 6-Point brace and Steering brace I have installed, what should be the next MOD I should be looking in to? I am thinking about concentrating on handling before power.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
351 Posts
Time for full poly bushings all around (as it prevents excess flex in the whole chassis). Completely worth the extra expense (at the same time to get larger sway bars, as you'll have to take it down anyway to get the bushings in). Not to mention harder (viggen? springs), then some koni's to finish it all up. Possibility of something like coil-overs to compress the spring (or even run harder springs (from a different aftermarket option other than what saab offers). Any thoughts on this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
imheretostay said:
Time for full poly bushings all around (as it prevents excess flex in the whole chassis). Completely worth the extra expense (at the same time to get larger sway bars, as you'll have to take it down anyway to get the bushings in). Not to mention harder (viggen? springs), then some koni's to finish it all up. Possibility of something like coil-overs to compress the spring (or even run harder springs (from a different aftermarket option other than what saab offers). Any thoughts on this?
Would the poly bushing be an expensive job? The parts are not but how about the labour?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,143 Posts
injectors + stage 3
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
707 Posts
imheretostay said:
Time for full poly bushings all around (as it prevents excess flex in the whole chassis). Completely worth the extra expense (at the same time to get larger sway bars, as you'll have to take it down anyway to get the bushings in). Not to mention harder (viggen? springs), then some koni's to finish it all up. Possibility of something like coil-overs to compress the spring (or even run harder springs (from a different aftermarket option other than what saab offers). Any thoughts on this?
Nick has done it before. I'm doing something similar now. Just had to postpone while I collect necessary tools, and just found out I need to replace an upper strut mount. Total cost around $120ish for a complete custom spring set-up. see this thread:

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153149

or here:

http://www.saablink.net/forum/showthread.php?t=38557

good luck!
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top