SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I've just (well about a month ago) purchased a 2004 saab 93 1.8 vector. and so far really pleased with it, as I have always loved Saabs for their quirkyness and it hasn't dissapointed. As with a car that coming up to 8 years old its not perfect and I've got the following things to fix.
  • Passenger seatbelt sensor, the guy I bought it from reckoned when he had it valeted someone put their knee in the centre of the seat and broke the sensor, now warning comes up everytime.
  • Hand brake sensor isn't working and does not warn the driver if the hand brake is still enaged (which I did once)
  • Front fogs aren't working, bulb and fuse are both fine.
  • The bulb to indicate the heated rear screen is on doesn't work, I tried taking the climate control unit out but it appears the bulbs are deep within the bowls of the unit.
  • Get a new spare key as I only have one and it appears very chewed.
  • Remove the tow bar.
  • Replace the faded badge on the boot, I have already done the one on the bonnet.
I am also plannin the following upgrades;
  • New speakers ( I've got the middle audio system with the amp under the passenger seat)
  • Retro fit Aux-in
  • Interior lighting upgrade with these LED bulbs you can get off ebay.
So far I've carried out the following

• Replaced the ashtray (for some reason it was full of sticky gunk)
  • Upgraded from and ICM1 to ICM2
Your views and advice is welcome.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Ugghhhh get rid of that towbar! I had green led's in my first saab to match the console and lighting on the buttons super easy. pull off the side panel of the center console and run your wires where they need to go, then tap into a 12v power source, then add a switch. can be done in 45 mins ;ol;

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ugghhhh get rid of that towbar! I had green led's in my first saab to match the console and lighting on the buttons super easy. pull off the side panel of the center console and run your wires where they need to go, then tap into a 12v power source, then add a switch. can be done in 45 mins ;ol;
As it happens I was going to take it off last weeked, but as it was raining I didn't bother. Then on Monday I was driving back from work waiting at a roundabout when suddnely I was rear-ended by this kid in a Seat Ibiza. Luckly as I had the tow bar on there was no damage to my car, and the tow bar had smashed his number plate. If I had taken it off I recken I would need a whole new bumper.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
As it happens I was going to take it off last weeked, but as it was raining I didn't bother. Then on Monday I was driving back from work waiting at a roundabout when suddnely I was rear-ended by this kid in a Seat Ibiza. Luckly as I had the tow bar on there was no damage to my car, and the tow bar had smashed his number plate. If I had taken it off I recken I would need a whole new bumper.
Haha wow, thats pretty lucky. But I hope that doesn't mean youre reconsidering leaving it on ;) did anyone call the police or did you guys write it off and keep going?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No we just pulled into a side street, I couldn't see any damage so I just took his number and said I would call him if I could see anything.
You'll be pleased to hear I took it off at the weekend, it was a bigger job then I thought as I had to remove the bumper. Glad I finally done it as it weighed a ton and it looks a lot cleaner now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts