SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Just picked up a 2003 9-3 Arc Sport last week and thought i would jump on here. Its laser red and has done 65000kms, managed to pick up a 3 year warranty on it as well. SO unfortunately not many mods will be done until its out of warranty except I need to get the AUX in and TEL1 sorted so i can use my ipod and phone. Don't know if its more dificult to get parts and service over here in Perth, Western Australia!

This is the only pic I have at the minute but I will give it a clean on the weekend and get some more pics up.

Cheers,

JR

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Nice clean ride, drive well...you must have a different warranty system down under...an 03 can't be CPO'd in the USA after 50k/or 4 model years, we are now in 08...aftermarket warranty?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys,

yeah it is a five speed and drives very well,

It is an aftermarket warranty offered by my SAAB dealer which i was pretty keen on after reading ll the problems that come up with the car, touch wood they have already all been sorted on my car by now though!

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Hi Jrt, Welcome to Saabcentral and congratulations on your car. Good to see another local on board. Judging by you photo, I would say you are coastal Perth (northern Suburbs). Lots of Saabs around there. You should have no problems with parts and service. Henley Saab do a first class job. Its no problem getting bits from PartsforSaab (UK) either.I had my TEL 1 done at Henley Saab. Can't remember how much it cost, but I'll dig out the receipts and have a look. Did Aux myself but you may as well get Henley to do it if they do your TEL1.

I'll keep a look out for a Laser Red 03 Arc.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks again guys!

Yeah Saba, I love in Sorrento, do you live in the area as well? I saw some of your photos where taken in the north beach/watermans area.

I had to get red cause it goes faster!

I actually hd a few questions about my car,

my centre display has some lines through it is this normal?

I also went outside this morning and found all my windows open, I read the manual and found out about the comfort open/close, I can get the windows to open automatically but couldnt get them to close, any ideas?

thanks,

JR

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Nope that screen isn't normal.

For comfort close try holding the button for about five seconds....should work.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
yes JRT, I'm in North Beach, just down the road. That screen is not normal. i remember mine doing a similar thing once, it corrected itself after a day and never occured again. For your windows, you will need to calibrate the windows (its in the manual somewhere).

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
These steps should restore comfort close, taken from an earlier thread by SaabNewbie...

1. Shut the doors
2. Start the car.
3. Open the side window about 15 cm.
4. Close the window completely and hold the button for at least 1 second after the window stops.
5. Press down the button and the window will now go down by itself.
6. Wait at least 1 second.
7. Drive the window fully up and hold the button in position until closing is confirmed with a sound signal.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Hey JRT, I saw you this morning at the corner of Beach Rd and Wanneroo Rd. I was next to you in a black Territory (no Saab today). Your Laser Red looks real nice in real life.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cool, I always keep an eye out for other Saab's now, so I might see you around when you are in yours!

My car is actually goign back to Henley tommorrow, has developed a rough idle, the engine is very noisy and there is a very loud metallic rattle coming from the left rear of the engine, doesnt soudn good at all! Only started half way to work this morning, hopefully I make it home tonight!

Did you manage to find the reciept from you AUX and TEL1 stuff you had done?

JR

·
Registered
84 Posts
Had a bad experience @ Henley Saab when I took my car for service a few years ago now, not owning up to damage they had caused during a service & they tried to patch it up as well. It left a bad taste in my mouth thats for sure.

Plus they left the car parked in the sun on one of the hottest days in Perth of the year (was 43C that day) windows up/sunroof closed. If they had thought to move it forward about three feet it would have been shaded nicely & not be a sweat box to get into. The car didnt start to feel cool till I was on the Mt Henry bridge & that is a fair way from Henley Saab....

Anyway I hope they have lifted their game since then, I get all my servicing done in Canberra now...

dont get me started on Morgans Motors in Darwin either, putting V6 plugs in a Turbo 4 is a no-no, excuse its the only plugs we have despite me giving them a months notice that I would need a service whilst on hols... They put the originals back in thankfully they gave them back to me in a bag, they argued that they were used plugs now & I would have to pay for them...

Wasnt a good experience...

Teddy

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Henley damaged my car during a service once. Scratched the bumber deeply for about 3 inches. They had no problems repairing it when I pointed it out. Good job too, I couldn't tell the difference.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts