SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning guys, Just got myself a 2003 9-5 Aero manual with a good spec (115k), got a few little bits that need doing, got a Haynes with it but not much use for what I need! :( Can anyone shed any light on these things for me?

Rear washer not working, pump goes, last owner says there's a 1way valve in there somewhere, I think I can see it near the rear motor on a Haynes picture?

Sat nav touch screen is cracked, the display is ok & buttons work, so is there anyone who can replace the touch screen, or I can fit it myself as I've found a PDF Service Manual for the Kenwood SVT-M700 (Buttons under the screen!)? Is the screen up to dvds?

Auto lowering mirror doesn't work, put it in reverse & pushed the button, nothing happens?

& I need a new rubber for the roof antenna, I've seen dummy ones that might stick over, Neo want £100 for a new one & I doubt I'll use the nav or phone, but just looks terrible!

I'm an auto electrician by trade, worked for Sextons (then Toad, then TG21), Stereo shops (Rockford & Clifford mainly), Spent 4 years in Holland designing & building new Police & Schiphol patrol cars, Green Flag, a few Main Dealers, & now Sunseeker (something different & local!), Had a lot of Saabs years ago, been a Volvo man for a bit, but come back to Saab this time! :D I'm quite happy to help with electrical questions or deciphering wiring diagrams! :)

Phil.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Rear washer could be an easy fix, inspect the check valve and the tubing to the rear of the car.

Sat nav touch screen you will need to get a hold of Kenwood. Maybe you can source one online.

Auto lowering mirror? Not sure what you mean... there is the auto dimming mirror if that's what you're talking about?

And for the shark fin you can refurbish yours, get the dummy $$$ or just get an aftermarket replacement to cover up the hole. The shark fin doesn't do anything, so it's not like you need it.

Also, this forum is meant for aftermarket performance/upgrades, customization... for general maintenance and repairs your best bet is to post in the "9-5 workshop" forum.

Good luck, enjoy your Aero!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts