SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done much forum searching, but am unable to find anything to help me. Bought a 1992 900 T16 S a couple of weeks back and loved it to bits instantly. However, it recently started getting a bit heated in stop go traffic and I discovered a leak in the cooling system. The hose from the bottom of the radiator back to the water pump has a branch off onto a metal pipe just down from the radiator. The leak was at the join between the hose and this metal pipe. When I tried to rub a bit of rust off to get a closer look the thing just disintegrated, coolant streamed out and about an inch of the pipe remained in the hose. Can anyone tell me what the name of the pipe is so I can order a new one, and also if anyone has any suggestions on how to do a temporary fix on it?

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
That metal pipe takes coolant to the turbo for cooling. I would call it a "bottom radiator hose, with turbo & water cooling"

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Aha! You're a lifesaver Matthew. I've not been able to find that diagram anywhere. Just to confirm, it is the metal hose labelled 54 on the diagram. Is that part number 7549918?

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My previous car was stolen, meaning I've got a bit of spare insurance money burning a hole in my motoring pocket, so I'll splash out on the Saab part and bring the beast back to life. Thanks a lot for the help. Much appreciated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts