SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Maptun limits the torque on an automatic transmission at 400nm. AFAIK this is the maximum that the tranny can handle safely.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Frosty288 said:
Maptun limits the torque on an automatic transmission at 400nm. AFAIK this is the maximum that the tranny can handle safely.
Thanx alot...umm...what is that 300ftlb.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Tranny Max is about 440nm, but tuners limit it to 400Nm for longevity. Thats the name of the game... unless of course there're those with deep pockets and 2nd cars to drive.

I see cars that go really fast (for the 2 litre capacity)... but they can't keep up the top speed for very long. I find that the Saabs are balanced in giving excellent acceleration, good milage, long distance hi-speed missions...

On the highways that we have in a neighbouring country here, we can maintain 230-240kmh for quite some time, the along zooms past an souped up Subby or Mitsubishi Evo, but 25 mins later, we see them with the bonnets up by the side of the road, or they go real slow to cool the engine down. Only ones I see that are pretty good are the Audis and VW GTis and certain Volvos, (we're talking 2.0l here yah) among other cars.

Not that its never happened to Saabs, but if it breaks down, its usually not because of high speed overkill, more likely some other maintenance that wasn't regularly taken care off.

but thats my opinion of course.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts