SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys...im new to the site, i got a 03 saab 9-3 linear...i have a boost controller laying around from my eclipse gsx i had(sold). i was wondering if its possible for me to use it for a couple of psi(12-13psi)? and also whats the max boost until fuel cut?? thanks....

·
Registered
297 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!!

Getting to the point; No, you cannot mechanically adjust the max boost pressure. Period.

The search feature will help you find 100's of posts dealing with how the T8 engine management system keeps all the stock parameters tightly in it's grasp, and cries if you won't let it (throws CEL's and goes into Limp mode).

Along with that, there are no "cheats" without buying a pricy personal programmer (BSR, nordic...). CAI's and exhausts even result in no power increase, but they do provide more noise and quicker spool up resulting in a little fun factor.

How about some pics? Also what options did it come with (suspension, transmission, wheels, packages...)?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
KrOlDoG8 said:
Welcome to the Forum!!

Getting to the point; No, you cannot mechanically adjust the max boost pressure. Period.

The search feature will help you find 100's of posts dealing with how the T8 engine management system keeps all the stock parameters tightly in it's grasp, and cries if you won't let it (throws CEL's and goes into Limp mode).

Along with that, there are no "cheats" without buying a pricy personal programmer (BSR, nordic...). CAI's and exhausts even result in no power increase, but they do provide more noise and quicker spool up resulting in a little fun factor.

How about some pics? Also what options did it come with (suspension,
transmission, wheels, packages...)?

Damn thatz a drag...i really wanted to feel a lil more boost...well i got a auto, its burgundy with the spoke wheels....pic r coming soon...thanx 4 da info....what ecm you prefer?(bsr or maptun)

·
Registered
409 Posts
kay310 said:
ok do you know the whp of that re-map??
According to a couple of dyno runs that other members have done, there's about a 15% power loss through the drivetrain. That means 2.0t Stage 1 would be delivering about 174hp to the wheels.

This site seems to indicate power/torque losses of 7.5% and 7% respectively for a stock 2.0t, however this is based on a comparison between SAAB's stated numbers for the stock engine and the dyno readouts. The menu with other SAABs: http://www.rri.se/index.php?DN=29&List=S-T

Here's a member's dyno runs on his Stage 1 2.0T. There are a couple of other members with dyno readouts - a search in the Performance Forum should uncover them.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
michaLcoughliN said:
Not to be rude, but can you use proper grammar, and not talk like your illiterate. Thanks

YORE!!!!
comma splice

pot calling the kettle black, something something....;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts