SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

First, many thanks to the forum. In purchasing my Saab the insight I gained here saved me much time and money.

I will shortly be the proud owner of a 2006 9-3 Vector Convertible, Black with the 1.8t engine. Three weeks to go :) .

Have had Aero Alloys ALU50s fitted, and de-silvered the interior replacing the steering wheel switch packs and centre console plate back to black. I have posted an add in classifieds for the ALU45s I have removed.

Plan to Stage 1 the engine through Hirsch although waiting to see if the new turbo fitted in 2006 cars will need an update by Hirsch. All two litre cars have the same turbo now.

Spinner

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Good choice to go for the 1.8t and get it Hirsch'd or PPC'd. Can i ask why you had it de-silvered - seems an unusual choice - but each to their own:lol:
Oh, dont forget to post a photo when you get the car.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Nice choice :D Out of interest did you go for the solid or jet black?

Also how much did it cost to get the crappy silver bounced? I might have to make a last minute order change...

Regards,

Peter

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went for the solid black body colour.

Also forgot to mention that I had the 1.8t rear badge removed too.

I de-silvered the interior as I prefer an all black dash/console. The silver was just too "loud" for me.

To de-silver cost me £162.54 inc VAT and fitting. It would have cost £62 less if I had not already ordered the paddle switches as a factory option.

Spinner

·
Registered
771 Posts
I went for solid too :) the metalic just did not look right IMO

I don't think I have ever seen a jet black Saab on the road :

Cheers I'm off to phone the dealers and ask if I can change my order :D

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Spinner said:
All,

First, many thanks to the forum. In purchasing my Saab the insight I gained here saved me much time and money.

I will shortly be the proud owner of a 2006 9-3 Vector Convertible, Black with the 1.8t engine. Three weeks to go :) .

Have had Aero Alloys ALU50s fitted, and de-silvered the interior replacing the steering wheel switch packs and centre console plate back to black. I have posted an add in classifieds for the ALU45s I have removed.

Plan to Stage 1 the engine through Hirsch although waiting to see if the new turbo fitted in 2006 cars will need an update by Hirsch. All two litre cars have the same turbo now.

Spinner
Spinner,

You get a Vector Sport? The ALU50 option is only 50 quid on this, then you don't have the hassle of getting rid of the ALU45's ad will work out cheaper.

Since you say it is a 2006, I assume it is a factory order?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi,

In the UK the £50 wheel option on the Vector Convertible is the ALU46 wheel. That is the 3 spoke wheel with a thin spoke between each.

The ALU50 Aero alloy is not an option otherwise I would have definitely taken it. Thanks for letting me know as I might have missed it.

Spinner

·
Registered
9,087 Posts
Congrats

Thrilled for you. Buying the 1.8 is an excellent choice.
It's the same 1,998 cms motor as the 2.0 with a "detuned" ecu. As you plan to go Abbott or Hirsch you will soon no longer be 150bhp or 175bhp but 205bhp :cheesy: with the Aeros for performance and who knows about the insurance :nono;

Congratulations.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts