SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Looks like a great site! I just purchased a 95 9000cs, it's in rough shape and needs help!:lol: Are these cars hard to work on?? I broke the licence plate holder while taking the screws out to put my tag on! :roll: I had to weld the little nuts to keep them from falling out...my first repair :cool:. I have a long list of little things that have been neglected over the years that I would like to try and repair on this car. The first thing I would like to fix is the sunroof, it is stuck and needs adjusting. Is this diffucult? I can see where the paint has been scratched on the window frame. Thanks all!

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
Welcome to SC

The sunroof isn't that hard to take out and service. The thing is that you will need two fairly strong people to do it since it's a bit heavy and cumbersome. Also, take care to not bend or flex the roofliner too much since it's a bit fragile.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
bosruten said:
The first thing I would like to fix is the sunroof, it is stuck and needs adjusting. Is this diffucult? I can see where the paint has been scratched on the window frame. Thanks all!
Search google with the keyword "carboncow". Someone wrote a very detailed description how to remove the sunroof panel. I followed his instruction removing that on my wrecked 94cs. Check the 9k board on TSN also.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Also, you don't need to take it out to adjust it. There is a set procedure involving set screws on the tracks on each side of the sunroof.

If it won't open or close electrically you can do so manually with the little allen key clipped inside the roof console underneath that little cover that slides back to reveal the sunroof motor and drive. Just unclip the allen key and insert into the socket in the drive gear and wind away.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thnx...I took it out and it is broken. The plastic guide that the roller travells in has snapped!:roll:. I have the part #, don't know if I will be able to find a supplier.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi All,

I have repaired my sunroof and it seems to work fine except when it seals up. Should it stop when flush with the roof or keep raising in the rear till there is a 3" gap between the window and the roof?, seems like alot of pitch.:confused:
Thanks,
Tim

G

·
It should stop flush.

As it's a slide and tilt, the sliding action should stop automatically when flush with the roof, then by releasing the button and re-applying it, the roof should move to the tilt position.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts