SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys...i am coming from owning and driving an 89 mercedes 190E 2.6L...im going to be buying a 97 2.3 turbo for $3600....and i was wondering what i can do with a budget to the car...and do these cars come with a boost gauge? where can i get a CAI or a better filter for more intake...and clear corners and everything else to make it better? is it hard to take the radio out and put a new one in? (how do u take the center dash apart to get to the radio?) and will it be a ***** since the stock radio has that security thing on it? i have a pioneer deh-4600 cd/mp3 player im going to put in...and what kind of speakers does this car have? i will be putting my kicker 12" L7 into the hatch....

·
Registered
733 Posts
what kind of 9000 is it? if its a cs (low pressure turbo) i dont think they have boost gages, if its a cse (high presser turbo) then it should. if it doesnt have one you can always install one your self. there are tons of things to do to these cars power wise. i would recoment modifying your intake and three inch turbo back exhaust to start off with. i did that to my 9000 aero and made a big difference. i took out the air box and drilled it out with large holes and got a K&N filter. if you can afford it, after that get a stage three ECU and you should be at arround 270hp (if its a cse). clear corners can be found at Genuine Saab for $85 as well as a filter and lots of performance parts. as far as the radio, i dont think its too hard but i had mine installed profesionally. that sounds like a GREAT price for a 1997, go for it you will LOVE IT, i know i love my 9000.

www.genuinesaab.com heres the place that has all that stuff

hope this helps you out a little, welcome to saab tuning!!

ben

·
Banned
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, its a cst...how do i know if the turbo is working for sure? cuz i revved it up today and i didnt hear any spooling....can u feel the turbo kick in when ur driving it? cuz i havent test driven it yet...but all around its a very nice and clean car...dark green exterior and tan leather interior, sunroof, power windows, power seats...very nice

1 - 4 of 4 Posts