SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm looking to buy a 900s convertible, probably either a 1996 or 1998. I know very little about Saabs and have started looking around these forums. Maybe you guys could help...
Can you tell me what to look out for when buying a 900s? What are the known problems and issues?
Help appreciated...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I purchased a used 1998 900s Convertible last fall. It was like new and had about 52K miles at the time of purchase. I have only driven it about 3K miles but I have had no problems with it.

The car functioned fine during the (Indiana) winter months. I even got brave and took it through a drive-thru car wash once.

Now that it's summer time here, I keep the top down and generally drive the care on weekends, unless it's raining.

The car still looks GREAT and is mechanically sound. By the way, letting the top up (or down) takes about 30 seconds and can usually be done at any long traffic signal, if necessary.

I looked at the link below before I made my purchase. Maybe you'll find it helpful too:

http://www.saabcentral.com/techhelp/gm900_93/NG900_buyers_guide.php

Happy Saabing!

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
Sorry for the lack of responses. I think folks are just tired of answering this question as we see it at least once a week. Please read the F-A-Q stickied at the top of this forum. If you still have questions just reply to one of those linked threads.

Welcome to SaabCentral and good luck on your search.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts