SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Thanks for a great forum. You have been very helpful to me as a first time Saab owner. I got a 95 900SE 2.5 V6 a little over a month ago. I should have taken some before pictures as I am getting it into Saab shape.
You tips have helped me replace the headliner, remove the radio, adjust the headlights (vertically), replace the right rear window regulator, replace the leather seats and on and on. You are great!
Now - I've found a 94 900S in the local boneyard. Got a center grille piece and headlight washer assembly for all of $13 (US). As I have an opportunity to get some parts I am considering pulling the SID for a spare. I have seen the threads on SID1 and SID2 and I was wondering if the 94 900S' SID is the same as my 95 900SE? I probably could get it pretty cheap if I tell them it's just a clock LOL.
Don't know what else I might need from the boneyard but is really is nice to practice pulling a Saab apart.
BTW - gotta replace the right fog lamp so I got a lamp at the boneyard and had an opportunity to practice. I just wish I had known it was blown before I replaced the left valence a week ago.
Thanks again and any tips on the SID is appreciated as well as what else you would pull for spare parts.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Welcome!

I would guess that your SE probably has the SID 2 and that the '94 S is probably a SID 1. That being said, if you pop it out it should have a sticker on it that tells you what type of SID it is. But, even if it is a SID 1 I would pick it up anyways if you can get it for a decent price.

To remove the SID you just pop out the radio, reach your hand behind the SID and give it a little nudge, she should come right out.

It sounds like your getting a good price from the bone yard too, I would stock up on some goodies just in case.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I noticed an interesting thing when I looked over the car in the boneyard. The right rear door was a little difficult to open (acts like it is sticking) and did not latch quickly and smoothly like the other doors. That is the same way my Saab's doors are and I'm thinking the piece broke on the regulator because the PO (s) slammed the door to get it to close properly.
Since it opens smoothly from the inside it must be the outside handle opening mechanism.
Just wondering if anyone has experienced the same problem and made adjustments to fix it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts