SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently passed my test, had a corsa for the first month and I have now treated myself to a Saab 9-3 2005 1.9tid. LOVE the car... HATE the sound but really like the standard stereo with the sat nav and cd changer etc...

I joined up as I could not find an answer to the question I had whilst google searching... So here goes, my dilemma:

I am happy with the sound generated by the standard speakers.. very clear and crisp with zero bass... All I want to do now is have a bass box in the back and it will sound as sweet as. I have installed the amp, Live from the batter, ground from the back bolt behind lights and the Remote wire from slot 17 along with RCA inputs using high level inputs from the back shelf speakers...

Problem:

The signal from the back shelf speakers seems to be filtered... the sub sounds terrible and seems like the bass frequencies must be filtered out so this is not great for the sub and amp.

QUESTION:

Where can I get a nice unfiltered RCA signal from and how do I go about doing it? No technical language please, new driver, new saab owner. Been doing bass installs for mates here and there but only on crappy cars where it is all easy.

Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
19,653 Posts
You could try tapping the front 3.5s for your signal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the front 3.5s I am assuming are front speakers? They are getting their signal from an amp under the passenger seat (I think)...

As for a signal from the line for 6x9s... The only wires visible on the back shelf are to the 4inch speakers... I cant see any other wires around that lead to an open set of cables for new speakers to be added in, there are no 6x9s in there but there are holes for it. Tried putting some in but the power to them was just not good enough, they sounded terrible so took them back out...

I read the links but I could not make much sense with all the technical language... Is there a post on here that shows you how to tap in to a audio signal for your RCA? I will look again for some wires for 6x9s and see if i missed it, is the signal different to them if the wires are there? Not filtered out as far as bass goes?

Not possible to get a signal from behind the stereo is there (not that I would willingly venture back there).. lol

·
Super Moderator
19,653 Posts
the front 3.5s I am assuming are front speakers? They are getting their signal from an amp under the passenger seat (I think)...

As for a signal from the line for 6x9s... The only wires visible on the back shelf are to the 4inch speakers... I cant see any other wires around that lead to an open set of cables for new speakers to be added in, there are no 6x9s in there but there are holes for it. Tried putting some in but the power to them was just not good enough, they sounded terrible so took them back out...

I read the links but I could not make much sense with all the technical language... Is there a post on here that shows you how to tap in to a audio signal for your RCA? I will look again for some wires for 6x9s and see if i missed it, is the signal different to them if the wires are there? Not filtered out as far as bass goes?

Not possible to get a signal from behind the stereo is there (not that I would willingly venture back there).. lol
The front dash 3.5s are powered by the EHU.

If you have door speakers you can tap those as that would be best. You probably only have the 4 speaker setup which means no doors speakers. Tapping into the fronts is just like tapping into the rears, just got to get to the wires and run them to the amp in the boot.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry if i sound stupid for asking but the front door speakers will also have a filtered signal going to them wouldnt they? I have front door speakers. High level input from the rears sounded terrible. Sub sounds farty more than bassy, need a signal with the lower frequencies.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Sorry if i sound stupid for asking but the front door speakers will also have a filtered signal going to them wouldnt they? I have front door speakers. High level input from the rears sounded terrible. Sub sounds farty more than bassy, need a signal with the lower frequencies.
The link I posted has a chart that shows the frequency output for each speaker.

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=44185

The chart is for a 13 speaker system but the 7 speaker is similar.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts