SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a 1996 900S 5-speed convertible with 89,000 miles. I am going to pick it up Thursday.
Got a good price as the power top doesn't work. I have a few questions.
I am assuming the power top is expensive to fix this is why the previous owner chose not to fix, but to sell. He says the convertible motor is good, but there is a bad sensor. This has yet to be seen. Is there a way to operate the top manually?
Also, I have been watching this board for quite some time. I guess now I can start participating.

Any recomended checks, services that I should perform on this car when I get it home would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
MAx

·
Registered
106 Posts
90k is a major service point. The user manual will specify the items that are checked at this service point. If you have no maintenance records from the previous owner, you may want to just bite the bullet and take 'r in for the 90K service.

Re: the convertible roof, you could be looking at $1k or more to fix/replace (not sure I would buy his comment... "it may be a sensor"). Also, do a search on this forum... there is a good instruction thread on how to manually raise and lower the ragtop.

Saab On!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thankfully I will not be a saab owner. I paid $500 to get out of the deal. The dealer took the money and ran. I lost my deposit, and I will be chalking it up to an expensive lesson. Do the research before you put money down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts