SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
JUST BOUGHT A 91 900T 175K on it not a bad car for the money.it's been too cold to do much but one problem i have fixed thanks to this forum was the radio.it was in lock down mode.i searched and found lots and lots of ideas and fixes.i have tried and tried this week.and with a combo of fixes it worked!!!!i had a problem when i bought it with a dead battery got that resolved and now the radio thanks to the forum....thanks for the ideas and i enjoy reading all i can about the legend 900 series of saab..thanks again.....:cheesy:

·
Registered
467 Posts
Can someone explain to this limey what a picher is, or is it just bad spelling, or am I missing a joke.
I think it should be read "...pichers [sic]" meaning pictures.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Using "picher" or "pitcher" instead of "Picture" is an American euphemism suggesting an uneducated (unejucated) yokel. Think of the "Buckwheat" character from "The Little Rascals" (an old American TV show).
Other examples:
Sumpin = something
Nuffin = nothing
Tomorry = tomorrow
Yestiddy = yesterday
Jeet? = Did you eat?

As is common, in this case it's used by the poster in a self-deprecating manner.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Silly me. I must wise up.
For a better understanding of our rather odd linquistic patterns I'd suggest that you watch a couple episodes of "The Beverly Hillbillies" - after all - if we, over here, can understand the blokes on "Top Gear" or in "Are you being served" ya'll should be able to figger us out over there!:roll:

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
For a better understanding of our rather odd linquistic patterns I'd suggest that you watch a couple episodes of "The Beverly Hillbillies" - after all - if we, over here, can understand the blokes on "Top Gear" or in "Are you being served" ya'll should be able to figger us out over there!:roll:
I'll look at that momentarily.
UK - For a very brief period. US - In a little while.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts