SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just picked my wife up a beautigul black 97 900 se 4 door hatch.
it runs pretty good but i have some questions for you all.

1. where do i find a dash adapter kit to put in a new stereo and what size speakers can i use?

2. my fm reception is terrible, is this a bad antenna, wiring, or deck?

other than these things the car is pretty great, i do get a vacuum noise under the pass side dash at times but maybe this is normal? brakes also seem to fade quie a bit, hmmmm.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

thanks for the info, ill be adding the stereo kit and popping three gauges above it asap. today i built an open air system and removed the turbo silencer as well as ported the upper tb. mbc next! for now,, heres the pics!

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Great pics
I hope you have the service history, ect for this fine car..
Welcome to the wild and wonderous world of used car ownership..
Have an expert go over the brakes - there should be no fade.
Maybe what you hear is the ACC(automatic climate control) temperature sensor fan.
This must be cleaned, lubed once a year or so..Don't rely on a dealer to do this.....

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it does seem to have some brake fade, a few times it worried me just a little as i am a very aggresive driver. i do notice however that i hear no vacuum noise when the climate control system is off. the service records were very datailed and the car was always serviced by saab. nothing notable though, just typical bs.

·
Registered
412 Posts
that is exactly how my car looked when i first got then i put some stickers on and took off all of the badges...lol nothing like a black saab....they all look good in black

·
Registered
112 Posts
Great looking cars, guys!

LifeLessLived: Which stereo will you be going with? I just placed an order yesterday with Crutchfield to do a cheap upgrade to the Saab's audio system.

-DJ

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sirsimon said:
Great looking cars, guys!

LifeLessLived: Which stereo will you be going with? I just placed an order yesterday with Crutchfield to do a cheap upgrade to the Saab's audio system.

-DJ
nothing to impressive, just something nice. its my wifes to and from airport car, and i drive it a little on the weekends when its here.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I went with a Kenwood KDC-MP3035 head unit and the following speakers:

Dash:
Infinity Reference 3012cf 3-1/2" 2-way Speakers
Front door: Kenwood KFC-1661S 6-1/2"/6-3/4" 3-way
Rear: Kenwood KFC-1361S 5-1/4" 3-way Speakers

The Infinity speakers were on sale at Crutchfield for $30, both sets of Kenwoods were $50, but if you buy a Kenwood receiver with 2 sets of their speakers you get $50 off. :D

All in all, it should be a nice inexpensive upgrade. Anything should be better than the stocker, although I will miss the speed-sensitive volume. :cry:

-DJ

·
Registered
112 Posts
Looks good - is that an eBay wood kit?

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
lifelesslived17 said:
i will miss the wood when the factory stereo is gone,,, bummer. oh well, theres wood everywhere else

omg where did all that wood come from??? it looks really good!

Thats a gorgeous 900 btw... you can tell the last owner really appriciated it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts