SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Rota Slipstreams came today, and although I am still waiting on tires, I bolted them onto the car to get an idea of what they'd look like. I'm very pleased with the looks and they tip the scales at around 13 lbs. for a 16x7, which is super light. The offset is 40mm, so I think I'll need to use spacers to get clearance. Tell me what you think. Oh, and I was thinking of 205/45/16's, but would 195/45/16 fit on a 7 in. rim? Anybody, anybody?

-Tyler
85 SPG

·
Registered
9 Posts
the 195's will fit but 205 is a better size

The 195s will let the side wall lean in and look funny to me. you could get 215's on those wheels easy. I like those Wheels!

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
205 is definitely a better width for a 7" rim than 195. To keep the rolling radius correct you need to try 205/50/16. I run 17x7 with a 35mm offset, so the 40mm of those would be putting the inner rim of the wheel very close to the inner wall of the wheel arch. Max of 5mm will give you enough clearance but if you can get away with less then even better.

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
craigdeluxe said:
oops was i supposed to look at the wheel in the first pic ;oops: :lol:
OH THAT WHEEL! :lol:

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I had planned on 2.5/50's, but seeing how close the wheel is to rubbing on the inside, I figured thel ess tire the better, for clearance. I think I'll stick with 50 series tires, and just do the necessary cutting if it's needed. Thanks for the comments. Oh, and as for that girl in the first pic, I definitely have beter pics of her, heh heh.

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
Looking at the picture of the wheel on the car, is that a front handbrake setup? In this case the offset requirements will be different to my car, which has a rear handbrake.

·
Registered
242 Posts
DeLorean said:
if the tires rub, it will probably be in the rear. the rear axle re-location trick is always an option
With 40mm offset it will rub on the rear upper shock mount. I went for 195/55 but it tends to get expensive since there are few makes to choose from(at least where I live).
btw offset is the same on old and new c900.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Nice wheels, I've been thinking about changing the colour of my alloys from silver to black and looking at those wheels i think I will do it now.

Think black go with this car and these wheels?

Attachments

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think that 9K would look bad *** with black wheels, but I'm a bit biased. I do think that dark wheels look particularly good on dark cars, and give them that stealth factor.

Anyway, I've yet to get tires for mine, but in waiting, I've realized I'll need new lugs. Does anyone know the pitch of the pre-87 wheel lugs? The lugs that Rota makes for the wheels come in a 1.5 mm pitch, but I don't think that's right for my car. Tomorrow I'll go check, but I'd like to order them tonight if possible. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
I dunno im from the camp that says a black car need silver/grey rims...looks better.a little more contrast,definition even...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts