SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.Z. Ultraleggera 18x8 wrapped with Sumitomo HTR Z III. oh yeah, they weigh about 19lbs each...:cool:

Happy Holidays indeed. :cheesy:

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Stunning :cool:

Love it :p

·
Registered
83 Posts
Very nice wheels! Car looks Great! BTW what Spoiler do have on the back of you car?

·
Registered
22,211 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
AeroJay said:
Very nice wheels! Car looks Great! BTW what Spoiler do have on the back of you car?
it's an ebay spoiler. Chris 9-5 was kind enough to link the thread discussing the install and other details.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tmg19103 said:
Like the mesh front grill. Is that Hirsh, or did you find a less expensive way?
yep, it's the hirsch grill. subtle but very nice touch. browse around for long enough and you might find one on ebay or the classifieds at a fairly competitive price... of course, the aluminum mesh is always a nice diy option. ;)

thanks for the feeback and compliments. definitely like these wheels more than i thought i would, and much better than the previous set. my ocd about curbs and potholes has now gone up another notch. ;oops:

·
Registered
445 Posts
Oh man that looks tooooo good! I look at them wheels every night on the internet wanting them, and now a see a picture with them looking even better than I imagined! :cheesy:

How does it drive now, with 18's and light weight rims??

G

·
Outstanding BP!!

You may have my vote for the best looking Aero I have had the pleasure of viewing.

The light weight nature will keep your 'Go' up to snuff with your 'Show' too.

Represent ! :cool: Oh you do!

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:cheesy:....

...the sentiments regarding light weight wheels are true. my previous wheels were about 28 lbs each (not including tire), these are about 10 lbs lighter at each corner. total loss of about 40 lbs of unsprung weight (20 lbs on the drive wheels). acceleration and steering dynamics are both noticeably improved. the car already broke the front tires loose very easily in 1st and even through 2nd, now with the wheels on a diet i have to retrain my right foot, again. to be honest i didn't expect it to make much of a difference, i was wrong. directional changes seem less fussy and turn in crisper. overall the car seems much happier after losing the ankle weights. :cool:

i haven't noticed as much of a difference in braking, but i'm sure with less rotational mass and the open spoke design bringing more air to the brakes it should help to reduce brake fade. i don't brake very late or do repeated hard stops (as you would on a track or autox), so this benefit may never be as apparent. nice to know it's there though. ;)

at this point i'm almost done with the car. only thing left is the ETS intercooler to help keep the stage 3 power more consistent in hot weather. trying to hold off on that one until spring gets here...

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
B~P said:
acceleration and steering dynamics are both noticeably improved....
You dont think this is in part due to having new rubber then :confused:

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Chris 9-5 said:
You dont think this is in part due to having new rubber then :confused:
i had about 60% left on my old treads, but you're right, the newer rubber might help some as far as road holding and steering feel goes.

doesn't seem to help at all in regards to keeping traction from a standing start though. :lol:

G

·
Acceleration will benefit with the lighter wheels regardless of the tires, the only exeption being traction which is in bed with acceleration but not the same.

Handling could be a 50/50 split on improvement. Surely new tires will help but it depends on what type where on prior and what kind went back on.

Unsprung weight is the enemy when it comes to performance. These wheels will be on my list if I hang onto my car.

Looking forward to seeing the I/C this spring B~P. Research and Measure 3 times and install once ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts