SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This set is from the other saab site and I've not yet received them. I thought it would be fun to get your impressions of them before I mount them on the car. The tires are AVON Tech 550 all seasons (I've used them in the snow and they work wonderfully).

These are much more angular than the wheels on the car now.

The primary reason I purchased these for my winter wheels/tires is because a 16" set of steelies with alpins or hakkas was $570 from tirerack and they're ugly compared to these:

·
Registered
956 Posts
i dont normally ask for pictures of the other person to put something on, its normally asking to take it off. :lol: but in this case when they get put on lets see some pictures.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the photoshop Molt! My Viggen isn't lowered yet so they won't look quite so nice :cheesy:

I probably won't receive them until monday unfortunately. They were a pretty good dead at $550.

Rogo

·
Registered
834 Posts
I actually like the real rims my buddy Jeff has on his Viggen (he owns the one that the photoshop job was done to above ^^ )... Dunno where Molt got that pic from, but just wanted to point out it was taken here in Geelong and that it is a friend's (Jeff) Viggen. :)

The rims are 18"... I posted some info a while back about them.

Good luck with the new rims Rogo... pls post up some pics when they are on.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Rogozhin those wheels look far too heavy, I prefer sab aero ones.
Original looks best.
Remember, Viggen is so rare anyway, that changing the looks of it is a profanation ;)

PS. I only wish, I could afford a good Viggen, especially vert.

·
Registered
11 Posts
sab aero - sorry should have said in the post I found the image on google, apologies to the owner if it's a problem. His viggen looks great btw.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Molt> no dramas mate... it is a damn nice car. I have had the opportunity of driving it about 6 months back too. Think Jeff has a Nordic Stage 4 on it... runs like a scalded cat.

Just wanted to point out to any others reading this thread whose car it was as Jeff deserves a lot of credit for the work he has put into his Saabs. He also owns an amazing 9-5 Hirsch (1 of 4 delivered by Saab Australia), a 9000 Abbotised Aero, an immaculate 96 he has totally restored and a 1980 900 TU3.

sab

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I'll post them as soon as I get them mounted. Thanks for the feedback so far fellas.

Here is a picture (one I've posted prior to this thread) that I will use as a backdrop for the new wheels.

Rogo

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Rogozhin said:
Finally received the new wheels/tires! Here's the first picture:

They're definately heavier than my 18s, but I knew that going into this deal :cheesy:-for $550 they'll be perfect for the winter.

Rogo

http://www.screenshotart.com/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=75281
Damn Rogo! Those look really great on your MCY Viggen! And they're the winters wheels too :eek: I'm jealous :cheesy:

Looks great

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Trollspeed

The primes are in storage until the next season rolls into eastern washington :)

Rogo

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I really want Hirsch 19" triples for this car.

The Primes are worth alot even though they require spacers. As is evident in the picture with the new wheels the front wheels are offest into the ether a few inches.

The rear wheels wil soon have the same width.

Rogo

·
Registered
804 Posts
I still really prefer the Ronal wheels I snabbed for the Viggen. They have nearly the same curve ratios as the design of the car itself, so they complement it well:

And just out of the box:

Guess it's just a personal preference thing. I really wish they were forged, instead of mere cast wheels. I'd really like that design in a forged set of wheels.

-Adrian

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Adrian

Sharp Viggen! :cheesy: How much do those Ronals weigh per wheel? I think they fit your GM Viggen perfectly!

Rogo

1 - 20 of 23 Posts