SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw a new Jetta on my way to work this morning. From what I can see, there are many styling cues that are similar to the 9³, especially the greenhouse. What do you think?

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
It's all grown up now...kind of. That's your advertising slogan VW!?! You saying your old Jetta was childish?
Not a good move.

:thumbsdown: on the "new and improved" Jetta.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I don't like it. But then again the "good" engines haven't come out yet. And did I hear they're thinking of an awd performance model, a-la r32?

A

·
0 Posts
Holy crap, the ressemblance is unbelievable when you see them side by side! :eek: :confused:

·
Registered
7,878 Posts
axe said:
Holy crap, the ressemblance is unbelievable when you see them side by side! :eek: :confused:
At least I hope the new Jetta drives better than the Corolla. I got a Corolla CE as a rental once, and it was by far the worst passenger car I have ever driven (this does not include SUV's and trucks, as I find them inevitably worse)

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
:evil:

I loved the 04-05 Jetta GLI's and now looking at this makes me want to hurl. But I am trying to save my judgement till see them more and more.

I doubt I will like it ever though:cry:

·
Super Moderator
31,228 Posts
Soooo, which one is the new Jetta ? :lol:

Never liked Jetta/Passat and prolly never will. Fugly cars.

finklejag said:
It looks nothing like the SS.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
That's disappointing. I seriously want to know what some people are thinking when they design cars. Don't they get out of their cubicle to get anyones opinion?

I kinda always liked the Jettas and Passats.. they were unique looking. Too bad they had to ruin it.

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
sethsev7n said:
That's disappointing. I seriously want to know what some people are thinking when they design cars.
Well in this case apparently they were thinking...

"Well, Toyota seems to sell a lot of them there Corolla's! Let's just make it look like that! Ayup!".
Never realising people don't buy Corolla's because they LOOK GOOD.

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
I just saw one a week ago. Ugh! What an ugly, ugly car. Looks nowhere near what it did in the pics. So very Corolla.

O

·
0 Posts
Yeah, I was very dissapointed. the first second I saw the spy shots and stuff a few months ago, right away I thought of the Corolla. I don't get it. I had a 2001 Jetta GLX (V6 5sp), that was a fun car, it was just a fun to drive car and I thought it looked cool too, this car just doesn't do it for me. Even the interior photos I've seen seem to make the car look blander than before. I also had a 2003 Passat GLX (V6 5sp), that was fun and fast (sort of) too but I never thought it was all that good looking (thus getting rid of it after 5K miles). I think the new Passat (05' I guess?) is pretty sweet though. OK, I'll save the VW praise for another website. But yeah, VW has a potential nightmare on their hands with this one. I wonder how they'll recover? If they were trying to get grown up Jetta owners to evolve into this car, I think they were way wrong. I'm imagining a re-design fairly quickly - thrown together stuff, like new head and tailights... too bad. Great picture finklejag, definitely captured the moment.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts