SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi. i just got a 9-3 vector, the car is amazing except the shifter throw is too long..anyone makes good short shifters for the saab? also, you guys that have 9-3s, can this baby handle alot of hard driving?

any can a blow off valve be installed on this car or anything that'll sound as cool as the bov??

thanks in advance guys

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i did research and i can't find anything but answers like "dont ask such stupid questions" ..."do some research before u ask this" ...and on one thread it one guy says its possible since its a turbo car..the other guy says "its a saab u idiot".

simple question with a simple yes or no answer..can it be done?

·
Registered
407 Posts
you can buy a short shifter kit from i think genuinesaab and bov will not work with the t8 system. a lot of us have resorted to drop in filters like a k&n or a new intake system from bsr, simota, etc. you can find these parts at saab stores like partsforsaabs, genuinesaab, etc..

·
Registered
85 Posts
From what i've learned on this site, BOV's just won't work... I think there was ONE person in Europe that got it to work but I don't know how and under what circumstances...

That's why many people here will suggest a new intake or a new intake filter, which will make the BY-PASS VALVE sound louder...

I heard somewhere that an HKS BOV was made for the 2007 2.8T V6 9-3ss.. But still no word about the 2.0T..

·
Registered
407 Posts
the guy in europe that has one is using the bosch engine management not trionic 8

1 - 7 of 7 Posts