SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way home from work today i was playing with my forge splitter valve.meaning boosting next to cars and under briges and stuff like that...well that sound just wasn't good enough so i stop at my local euro parts dealer. i was looking at the blow-off valves and picked me out a nice one at a good price . HKS SSQV matt black with aluminium flange :cheesy: im picking it up friday i cant wait ...i have one question it the intake pipe aluminium or steel? im pretty sure its aluminium but i just wanna make sure
thanx

·
Registered
45 Posts
Exciting!! how much was it?

ive been thinking i want to upgrade a few things on my car to make it better, but im still new to saabs and cars in general, and not sure what there is out there

·
Registered
261 Posts

ive been thinking i want to upgrade a few things on my car to make it better, but im still new to saabs and cars in general, and not sure what there is out there
Genuinesaab.com

That is pretty much sum up what is available for Saab if you go through them or not, though they are a very good company. I have spent thousands there over the years.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

ya im so excited i cant wait till friday after work to pay the rest ..it was $240.00 with the flange

·
Registered
135 Posts
could have spent $117 on a Forge BOV that would have slipped right on with no welding, and saved some money for a tune or something performance..

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
What did you pay for your car, that's metal ;)

If the guy likes it, who cares? He's not spending your money.
But my car is not "useless", and yes you are right it's his money and he can buy what he likes, therefore I retract my last post. God only knows I have spent money on lots of useless items in the past.

·
Registered
325 Posts
thats what i said 240 is a bit much' i paid 150 with the direct fit flange. I told him to get a tune from jwz that would have made more scene at least you get some type of horse power gain
but not gunna hate on him cant wait to hear the way it sounds

·
Registered
220 Posts
I used to hate on people for all types of modifications. Then I thought back 10 years ago when I got into the tuning scene and I realized we all start by wasting money on aesthetics and sound.

Once were over the body kits, lighting, stereos, and super loud exhausts.. we have usually started a better job, been through college, or just plain have more money to waste. That's about the time when we all decided we were tired of being beat in every race.. and want more performance.

A BOV fits into the first category, it does nothing for the car other than make it run rich every time you shift. Not to mention the driver is usually exaggerating their shifts staying at WOT until the shift occurs so they can make the loudest sound possible. (as mentioned in the first post while the OP was out trying to get peoples attention.)

I can understand why some people would say there are better ways to save their money, it tells a lot about what point people are in their "tuning career" by the modifications they choose to purchase. I encourage people to buy what ever it is that they think will make them happy.

If you buy a BOV to get people to look and I buy a CAN-USB cable to upload my custom tunes... that's ok it just means I'll be faster on race day. That, is what makes me happy :)

Boost away my friends! :cool: (The HKS SSQV BOV is an outstanding part.. had one on my Supra. Looked good, performed well.)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts