SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought myself an executive barge today :cheesy:

Lovely car at a very fair price from a nice guy! :cool: Some of you may recognise this one, a 1993 9000 CSE.

More (of my own) pics after the weekend when I return from Kodak (in the Carly!).

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
Very nice! I like the color. What are the specs on her (motor,gearbox,odo. reading...)?

Strange enough, what you Brits call a barge is called a "small car" here. I was told this while fueling up next to a Ford Expedition :roll:.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a 2 litre injection, N/A. 5 speed manual, air con, electric everything (and all works :cheesy: ). Barely run in with 196,400 miles on her, I have done 150 today!

Drives like a 96,400 miler. Very tight and surprisingly quick for such a heavy car with a N/A 2.0 litre.

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
Turbo or not, saab has some really good engines and perfect gearing. Very nice car.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Welcome to the club TFC. Now that you've made the initial jump, soon you'll be scouring the market for an Aero and making calls to Maptun!

·
Registered
768 Posts
I was sorry to see her go, but i have had a clear out and got rid of 3 of the 9000's and the merc 190, now i will have to build the fleet up again :cheesy: , the drive is looking kind of empty with only the 2 9000's in it.
That cse was the fastest 9000i i have ever driven, it gave a few cars a fright, when it got going, including a few LPT's, have fun TFatC :D .

·
Registered
286 Posts
Well after seeing the hasle taking the head off the 9000 engine I think I will swerve the 9000. Stick to the cavernous 900 engine bay :cool: . Still a damn good buy though Nick. Im sure you will soon get it up to the 250,000 mile mark.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts