SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend I installed an Alpine touch screen head unit into my 9-3. I still have to hide the wires and find some sort of bezel to put around it, but its nice to have a real 21st century stereo in the vehicle. This is a new unit that is only about 4" deep, so it fits in the same bracket as the CD player which I removed (just had to cut out some of the bracket's bottom with tin snips). In fact the screw holes in the Saab bracket are positioned so that it screws right into them, fortunately.

The Alpine (ILX-W650) has CarPlay in addition to satellite radio, Bluetooth, and the rest, and sounds great. Makes me want to keep the car another few years for sure.

Just posting this in case anyone was interested. I couldn't find the "What Did you Do ..." sticky anymore

Attachments

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
This weekend I installed an Alpine touch screen head unit into my 9-3. I still have to hide the wires and find some sort of bezel to put around it, but its nice to have a real 21st century stereo in the vehicle. This is a new unit that is only about 4" deep, so it fits in the same bracket as the CD player which I removed (just had to cut out some of the bracket's bottom with tin snips). In fact the screw holes in the Saab bracket are positioned so that it screws right into them, fortunately.

The Alpine (ILX-W650) has CarPlay in addition to satellite radio, Bluetooth, and the rest, and sounds great. Makes me want to keep the car another few years for sure.

Just posting this in case anyone was interested. I couldn't find the "What Did you Do ..." sticky anymore
Is this installed on the 2001 9-3?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts