SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this site and just bought a '97 NG900 Turbo.:) The car is running great but there are a few problems I was wondering if anyone knew anything about. My clutch is very squeaky whenever i push it in or take it out (im thinking it just needs greased?) and both my power seats, sunroof, and mirrors stopped working at the same time. I hear there's a relay underneath the driver's seat that may need replaced? If anyone knows anything about these, your help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
The ignition switch relay controls the current to the power windows console switch.
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107767

The clutch -
grease ?
Heavens to Betsy, this could be as old an idea as the Model T Ford.:cheesy:
The horrible automatic adjust cable is probably shot.
Upgrade this with a manual adjust cable. Saab has used hyraulics since '65, but with the advent of GM, Saab retrogressed to the troublesome cable and then returned to the hydraulic system in '99..
Squeaks also occur at the release bearing arm and the TO bearings itself. These can be lubricated to an extent..
There are 2,814 threads on this..

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
My squeaky clutch was the pedals under the foot well - it's a bit of a pain to remove the lower dash shroud but once there you can spray the mech with some light lube to stop the noise. Also if you cruise control is not working it's also possible to adjust the pedal switches while you are under there. Is the clutch stiff and does it snatch and only engage close to the floor? - if so i did a post last week with 2 cheap fixes for this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I just found more threads about the clutch. It is pretty stiff and only engage when it's completely to the floor. The clutch is good though, very strong. I don't have any problems with my windows, just my seats, mirrors, and sunroof.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts