SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...I got my first Saab last week and ran across this great forum. I am a VW guy by trade and am trying to learn what I can about Saabs. I have loved the car so far. Got alarm/remote start installed right off the bat and also a Navigation system that seems to work great. I will try and get some pics for you all soon. Anyways, just wanted to say hey and introduce myself!

1999 9-5 SE 3.0t

·
Registered
596 Posts
Welcome Freedom!

And congratulations on now owning one of the finest vehicles ever built!

FWIW my son has a 1.8T and so is part of the Wolfsburg mafia - but he covets Dad's 9-5!

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
bobsaab said:
Welcome Freedom!

And congratulations on now owning one of the finest vehicles ever built!
Here here :p

And congratualtions on finding the finest 9-5 forum ever built too ;)

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I've got an SE, but thats a four-banger version.....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sweet...great to see some other V6t folks. People to answer my questions. ;)

Regarding the remote start...had it profesionally done by Roberts in Louisville, KY. www.robertsaudio.com The installer said it was near impossible to find wiring diagrams and a pain to install. So far so good. Looks like he hit the right wires, all is well!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bobsaab said:
FWIW my son has a 1.8T and so is part of the Wolfsburg mafia

I am working with a VW tuner called C2motorsports.net. We just got the ability to write custom chips for the newer 1.8Ts. Have him give Chris at C2 a shout and tell him Vance sent ya and he will set him up with a great chip! /end VW converstaion

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
oddferkout said:
Finally a newbie with an SE V6t for once. Haha. Now I don't feel like the only SE around.
Everyone laugh, they have the inferior v6's. :lol: ...j/k guys. Though if your looking for more power out of the v6 you'll find the future bleak. :cry: Good luck with your new car, still a great car and engine.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I am working with a VW tuner called C2motorsports.net. We just got the ability to write custom chips for the newer 1.8Ts. Have him give Chris at C2 a shout and tell him Vance sent ya and he will set him up with a great chip! /end VW converstaion
Thanks, I'll hold on to that info - no performance parts for him at the moment due to his 2nd SPEEDING TICKET IN TWELVE MONTHS!:evil: :evil: :evil: !/end son drives too fast conversation.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts