SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my very first Saab this past friday. I have been a dedicated VW freak for many many years but decided to expand a bit. My knowledge of Volkswagens is huge, however, I know next to nothing about Saabs. I have been trolling this forum for the past couple of days to try to expand my knowledge a bit, and you guys have helped enormously.

So, heres what I know about my new(used) car.

2004 Saab 9-3 Arc Convertible
71,000 miles
Silver w/black top
5speed auto
ESP
2.0T, I think its the 210hp (need some help on this)
backup sensors
6 disc in dash with infotainment (not sure how many speakers)
Aux in for mp3 player
headlight washers
fog lights
auto wipers
auto dimming mirror with garage door opener and compass
wood inserts on steering wheel and center console
dual zone climate controls
heated leather electronic adjustable seats
Saab serviced its entire life
no mods at all, a totally virgin car

and now for the pics. I took them with my phone in between storms, so the quality isnt great and the car needs another bath.

If any of you Saab gurus see anything i forgot, please feel free to post it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
okay, I have a few more questions:

1) My car doesn't have OnStar (not that I wanted it) but wasn't it standard on all 2004 models?

2) I have the wood insert on the center console and steering wheel, but the shifter knob is aluminum and no wood on the doors either. Shouldn't it have one or the other?

3) the volume/power button on the stereo.. if i lightly touch it it turns off. Does anyone know of a fix for this, or is it a common problem?

4) Will the Saab dealership charge me for fixing items that have a TSB issued for them?

rvis- I have owned 86, 96, 97 and 03 GTI's, 70 Squareback, 81 Rabbit, 59 Beetle and 99 & 01 Jetta. I still have my MKIV 20th which is now my garage queen.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I am pretty sure you can get a knob replacement for the volume knob. Not sure on the other stuff though. Pretty impressive list of dubs. :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts