SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I just traded my turbo charged ranger for a 93 saab 9000 aero. My questions are is this the full pressure model? Why doess the Throttle body looks like its taking apart ? Is my car in limp mode since I'm only boosting 6 to 7 psi or is boost controller junk? No check engine lights. When I push gas there is a pretty noticeable hesitation. Well that's a start. Lol

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Hey I just traded my turbo charged ranger for a 93 saab 9000 aero. My questions are is this the full pressure model? Why doess the Throttle body looks like its taking apart ? Is my car in limp mode since I'm only boosting 6 to 7 psi or is boost controller junk? No check engine lights. When I push gas there is a pretty noticeable hesitation. Well that's a start. Lol
Just picked up a 9000 Aero and dealt with some of this...You're probably stuck in base boost. If you search for that here, you'll find a WEALTH of info on this subject, along with troubleshooting. Here's a quick checklist though:

Check for any vacuum leaks of ANY sort like intercooler hoses, check valves, vacuum lines, etc. For example my check valve from the throttle body to the valve cover was bad.

Check the wastegate arm from underneath the car. there is a retaining clip (cotter pin) that sometimes rusts and/or falls off. This will also cause base boost. Mine was completely missing.

Finally, check the APC (BPC) valve atop the radiator. It's the one with the three hoses going into it. The solenoid could be fried and/or the piston frozen. There are troubleshooting methods for this involving checking for resistance on the pins or cleaning the mechanism itself with some electronic parts cleaner. Cleaning it didn't work for me, as the solenoid switch was bad. A new one is very pricey, so if you can find a good working used one it should be fine. I found one from English Swedish spares for $70. It is in all likelihood the BPC valve that is the main culprit.

After replacing parts and addressing all these issues, my car finally came alive. I had a stage 4 tune on mine, so it was a dramatic transformation. Best of luck and welcome to the 9000 world!

Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok I'll check all that stuff. I got 20 vac don't here any vac leaks. How do u know if in limp mode. I kinda wanna buy a Manaul boost controller but don't wanna turn up if comp is in limpage

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Do a search, much here.

Replace any vacum lines that are anything but perfect, might leak under boost but not idle vacum.

Clean throttle body till immaculare.

Clean every electrical connector associated with TCS.

Check one-way valve on firewall, 2 TCS solenoids.

Hard one: get ISAT tool used on your car from COMPETENT Saab shop, read fault codes, and calibrate TCS and sort any ACC problems.

My 1993 has been pushing 300hp for many years, great car you will love the performance, 150mph car in stock form, more when tuned.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts