SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

Ok, well here are my questions...
1. I am going to Saab to get some Tech 2 options done...I am getting the Aux for the Ipod and I want to get it to honk when I lock the doors...so my question is the Tech 2 stuff free? Do I need to specifiy that the Aux is for Ipod?
2. Can you guys post up some pics of how you have your Ipods set up? I have some ideas, but not 100% sure on what I like...I'm thinking of putting it right in front of the shifter (it's sorta like a little whole where you can put your cell phone or wallet or something.)
3. I want to put 19x8.5 rims, but how is that going to change the ride? I drive 80 miles (round trip) everyday so I want to know how it will effect it? (it's all mostly highway driving) AND what is our offset? Like how do I know what wheels will fit the car? (this is all pretty new to me)
Alright thanks guys!!!!

Leor
'05 9-3 Linear 5speed Steel Grey!

·
Registered
462 Posts
cliffrlp said:
Hey everyone!

Ok, well here are my questions...
1. I am going to Saab to get some Tech 2 options done...I am getting the Aux for the Ipod and I want to get it to honk when I lock the doors...so my question is the Tech 2 stuff free? Do I need to specifiy that the Aux is for Ipod?
2. Can you guys post up some pics of how you have your Ipods set up? I have some ideas, but not 100% sure on what I like...I'm thinking of putting it right in front of the shifter (it's sorta like a little whole where you can put your cell phone or wallet or something.)
3. I want to put 19x8.5 rims, but how is that going to change the ride? I drive 80 miles (round trip) everyday so I want to know how it will effect it? (it's all mostly highway driving) AND what is our offset? Like how do I know what wheels will fit the car? (this is all pretty new to me)
Alright thanks guys!!!!

Leor
'05 9-3 Linear 5speed Steel Grey!
Some dealers charge, some don't. Prices vary too. See if they'll do it for free at the 30 day service (they may not offer this anymore) or during an oil change.

Some folks have 19" rims, but the ride is stiff enough for me on the stock 16" rims. But the roads near me are really bad so that doesn't help. I'm sure if you do a search for "offset" you'll find it. I think it's 5x110 but I'm not 100% on that.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Teh standard services include Tech settings as "driver setting" in the manuel. My dealer charges > $40 to set Tech setting if it is not in one of these services.

i get a freebe cuz last time I hade them set the doors to lock on drive off and asked to have the driver door unlock on key out and they forgot to do the pull out. Kinda a pain right now having to unlock manually but I will come up with other things i want done. If I ever get a chance to talk to the tech I am going to go for ROW

·
Registered
146 Posts
Before you get stranded: Tell your dealer that you key fob doesn't work sometimes, and also tell them you think you have a bad cell in the battery. They should replace these items - these are consistent points of failures in these cars.

·
Registered
267 Posts
cliffrlp said:
Hey everyone!

I just have my Belkin iPod cable connected under the armrest and just leave my iPod laying on the door over the center cupholder. Since the door is rubberized it stays in place and it's easy to grab when you want to change playlists etc. It's also nice and easy to hide when you park, just open the armrest and put the iPod in it... No telltale wiring or mount. :cheesy:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts