SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased my first saab, have a 2011 9-3 xwd, and want to do my first oil change, but a couple of things i've been reading seem strange, hoping someone can point me to a knowledge base or something, as i'm sure these questions have been answered.

states I need 7.1 quarts of 0w-30 oil (always used mobile1 in the past, probably still will unless you have better suggestions)

most references i've found say 32mm socket to remove the oil filter from the engine bay, not underneath

I'm coming from a jeep and everything was very basic and straight forward, sure i'll figure things out when i get under there this weekend, but better safe than sorry

·
Registered
643 Posts
I have the aero v6 which was discontinued in your year.

but yes use mobile 0w30 in these cars or castrol if you can find their synthetic. but mainly mobil.

the oil filter if I believe is on top.

remove the engine cover and the filter should be on the driver side.

yes you need a 32mm socket, its a cartridge filter so you are removing the housing to find a tiny filter cartridge.

make sure to change the rubber seal if worn. probably not in your case.

how do you like the 2011, wouldn't mind get me a new one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how do you like the 2011, wouldn't mind get me a new one.
thanks for the info . . . as far as the car, so far no complaints, seems to be really solidly built, very quiet, loads of fun to drive, wish i would have opted for the aero as well, hate the idea of options out there i don't have. but at the end of the day, the deal on the 2.0t was too good to pass up

But compared to even the 2011 jeep i'm coming from, night and day difference in build quality, hopefully that stays true.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts