SaabCentral Forums banner

New to me 2008 9-3 1.9 TiD Sporthatch

270 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Diggs 
#1 ·
Hello all,

Season's Greetings!

After 10 years with a 92 C900I 16v, I've been forced by my city to switch to a more modern car.

So, I sold the c900 and acquired a 2008 9-3 1.9 TiD Sporthatch (178,000 km), which is a huge change for me, as I've never owned a car newer than 1992, or a Diesel for that matter.

The car runs great with the sole exception of a somewhat noisy DMF at stoplights. In view of this, I'm guessing that a clutch/DMF replacement is in my near future with this car.

With the c900 I did several "involved" repairs such as a headgasket replacement, both front drive axles R&R, clutch and hydraulics replacement, etc., so I'd like to think I could tackle a clutch job on the 9-3 but the utter "newness" of the 9-3 model is a bit scary to me, to be honest.

Your thoughts and suggestions are much appreciated.

#2 ·
You have bad DMF.
For replace it, I highly suggest that you also change clutch itself and slave cylinder at same time. You need to disassemble them anyway when you change DMF.
You need lift, but no special tools needed (except clutch align tool).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.