SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I got my hands on another Saab, for a pretty great deal (paid $2700 cash for it). iI's a 2007 2.8 Aero automatic. After selling my 99 9-5 wagon and buying a cheap Subaru replacement, I couldn't do it...so I sold the Subaru and got this :)

It has 110k miles, no CEL so far but I did notice a few gremlins here and there.

1. Brake light and 3rd brake light stays on after shutting the car off (foot off the brakes). This happens randomly, I would think it is the brake sensor that is attached to the brake pedal. I noticed the brake lights come on even with a very gentle touch on the pedal.

2. Sunroof doesn't want to close some times

3. Common fuel gauge issue. I am planning on replacing the fuel pump soon

4. It has the wrong front lip AND it's coming off anyway, will be replacing this after winter :)

5. missing trunk lip spoiler

Other than those, it needs tires and maybe brakes but I am super happy I scored on this ( I will be posting updates on this thread!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1: Brake switch in brake pedal bent or just loose.
2: If you push/ull switch, can you hear anything?
Hi! thanks for the reply!

2: I can't hear anything other than the motors whirring normally. It looks like the anti-pinch mechanism is being activated. So maybe something is stuck on the rails? I was able to close it after trying like 7 times lol

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Christmas was so warm I washed and claybar'd my cars & my dad's Volvo :0

·
Registered
649 Posts
2. Sunroof

If the sunroof motor is operating (making noise) and the anti-pinch is engaging, you can try resetting the calibration. The procedure is in the owner's manual I'm pretty sure. It involves holding down one of the door switches at the same time if I recall correctly.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got my hands on a black rear lip spoiler! Here are the results, I think I'll keep it black for now.

I've also made a video of me just installing it. I thought I would keep track of my progress on my youtube channel since most people are now on FB and Youtube.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cleared my headlights today using an unconventional method. It came out better than I thought for not having to sand. It was a fun diy!

·
Registered
2006 9-3 Aero SportCombi (V6, 6AT)
68 Posts
Nice tutorials! I recently did a headlight restore that involved sanding...definitely will use your method going forward.

·
Super Moderator
19,217 Posts
Nice. tbh, any polish will do. i use meguiars m105 as thats what i have the most of.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I did that back in the summer, didn't come out as clear as I expected, the Mothers Mag & Aluminum polish cleared some light oxidation and light scratches but for heavier oxidation and deeper scratches, sanding is still the way to go, I will do that when it gets warming, sometime in spring.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts