SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have only had my used 1999 9-5se v6 for about 3 months. Last month it started pulling. So today I bring it into a shop to get it aligned and they say that they cant align it b/c its already aligned ok. They said the problem is that one of the front tires is bad and its causing the wheel to pull. They switched the front tires around, and shure enough it pulled the other way.

So am Iam looking at new tires. My question is, is it bad to just buy 1 front tire or do I need to buy 2 new ones so the wear is even?

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Always buy tyres in pairs, as you rightly say it can cause uneven wear and tracking problems. Especially avoid different brands on the same axle, what you could do is buy the same brand as you have at the moment, keep the one good tire coming off and if you kill one of the new tires in 5k miles time, you have a suitable replacement with the same tread/wear rate. :cool:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I grew up not haveing anyone to give me any mechanical advice so I have to step up and ask the simple questions sometimes.

my mechanical linage.

grandfather....Can fix anything
father......cant fix anything
uncles and cousins...can fix anything with nothing
me.....you can fix stuff?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts