SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know Tires have been talked alot. ;)

I have an '05 ARC Sedan whoose OE tires are 215/55-16.

Will a 225/55-16 tire fit on the rim?

The reason why I ask, I see the Pirelli PZero Nero doesn't come in the original equipment size. Not really looking to upgrade rims.

As for preferences, I was looking at TireRack and the Yokahama AVID V4S has gotten very high remarks. Ranked as #1 in the High Performace All Season category. I saw the Kumho Ecsta ASX ranked fairly well, so that's an option as well.

BTW... any online retailers sell Toyo's? Sounded like many liked the Proxies as well, but Tire Rack doesn't cary them.

Hopefully whatever I get is better than the P6s... man those are noisy tires. :(

·
Registered
240 Posts
225 should fit, but your speedometer will be off by 1.7% (ie when you are travelling 60mph, your real speed will be 61mph)

·
Registered
596 Posts
Might want to check the required rim width for the 225s.

When I went from 225/45/17 Pilot Sports to 235/45/17 Yokos, I had to go from 7" to 7.5" width to accomodate the 235 Yokos.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
i had michelin primacy on 215/55/16 very good tyre.i had pirelli on previous.but didn't like them, wore out and handling poor so went back to primacy. but i upgraded wheels to 225/45/17/ i used continental sport contact 2 xl 94w. these are far the best tyre i have had on my 9-5 over 3 years.:cheesy:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts