SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got some new tires for the saab today, there were more than overdue

anyways got some riken raptor zr's for the car, for 81 bucks a pop not a overall bad tire, and z-rated for that price is a nice feature

yet to really test grip compared to the barum's, but tread pattern is more agressive and I can't wait to see what there like

·
Registered
956 Posts
i honestly dont know anything about that actual tire but i must say the tread pattern looks very agressive. something about tires that are very visually appealing and those look good.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sleet said:
i honestly dont know anything about that actual tire but i must say the tread pattern looks very agressive. something about tires that are very visually appealing and those look good.
had good reviews at discount tire

i just hate running a 50 series tire, everything is high performance and i don't get much more than 20K miles on a set

although i have to say to that the tread depth is alot deapper than the pirellis, the kuhmo's or the barum's

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
The z-rated part shouldn't be needed too often. I'd just hope to hell that they're sticky, they survive the snow [if you get any, not sure of your location], and that you're just happy with them.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
comtrang said:
The z-rated part shouldn't be needed too often. I'd just hope to hell that they're sticky, they survive the snow [if you get any, not sure of your location], and that you're just happy with them.
um i really don't have to worry about wet traction even here in az lol, i just want some respectable tread life

and z rated tires are overkill lol

i remeber i wanted the kuhmos but no one had any that was withing 20 miles, so the guy knocked them down to the price of the kuhmos, he was trying to pitch them to me, saying there z rated, and i was like dude, my car is governed at 150, and i've only been there a couple of times, and the tires i went there with were plenty rated for that speed

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
mfyoung said:
i would look into that again lol, they have terrible wet and snow reviews lol
Yeah, but I want a good summer tire for cheap. I'll have some snows for the rest of the season. But bad wet reviews could be a big issue.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
9-3sleeper said:
Yeah, but I want a good summer tire for cheap. I'll have some snows for the rest of the season. But bad wet reviews could be a big issue.
not for me lol, god az has the best dd roads

half our roads have rubberized cement, super queit, really good grip, but there terrible when wet

its why phoenix is one of the very few cities that has rubberized cement

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
9-3sleeper said:
I bet the dry grip is freakin crazy then huh?
i've never had grip issues out here, except when it rains

see the problem with it never raining out here is that when it does the roads are twice as slippery cuz of all the oil buildup on the roads, no tire out here has good wet traction

1 - 11 of 11 Posts