SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Just had a major service done on my Saab 9-3 1.8t conv. incl. new spark plugs etc. - I also had a new thermostat fitted as my cars temp wasn't at the usual '9 o'clock'.

I have noticed in town it stays bang on centre, but when I'm on a long road doing 50-60 it tends to drop slightly until I, for example, brake at a roundabout/traffic lights and it'll go back to '9 o'clock'.

Any reason why? It runs beautifully and I haven't had any running issues since I got the service done a month ago.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

·
Super Moderator
9,067 Posts
weird one with the temp maybe the temp sensor is getting past it's best..
hope they used oe plugs NGK PFR6T-10G...issue will arise further down the road..

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Most probably wrong thermostat.
If u have a scan tool, monitor ur temp, just before 80c, increase ur RPM to around 2500-3000, if u see coolant returning to the coolant bootle from the upper 2 hoses then replace ur thermostat

·
Registered
582 Posts
I've had a problem after replacing the thermostat in which the outer rubber sealing ring seemed to have gotten pinched and part of it dislodged and got stuck in the thermostat, keeping it from closing completely. At low openings, this allowed more water past and into the radiator, resulting in the engine being under-cool when at light load on the highway with high amounts of airflow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts