SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I just received my tech 2 yesterday and I have a question.

My first question is when I hook up the tech 2 to my 2008 Saab 9.3 and go into the diagnostic section I immediately get a "limited performance" and "traction control/ABS" warnings.

The same thing happens when I hook the tech 2 up to my 2004 Saab 9.3 but I get "gearbox malfunction" and traction control/ABS warnings.

When I'm done making the necessary changes under the diagnostic section I have to clear all the DIC codes before I can start the car. This happens on both my 2008 & 2004.

When I used my friends Tech 2 I don't remember these error code messages coming on.

Do I have a faulty Tech 2 or do I need to change a setting or something or is this completely normal.

Thank you!

** I should of mentioned that when I had to clear the DIC codes i saw a ECU code as well as some other codes that did not make any sense. I know should of wrote them down and I still can if that would help diagnose what is going on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
18,906 Posts
How is your battery voltage?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Diggs, I just checked voltage on both my cars and the 04' had 12.6v and the 08' had 12.4v

Maybe I'm hooking up the Tech2 wrong. I'm a little confused on the 12volt power cord that hooks up to the cigarette lighter. Do I need to plug this in to the actual Tech2 or the Candi module or don't use it at all because the Tech2 and Candi turns on by just plugging it into the OBD port on both cars. So is the Tech2 getting too much power when plugged in and causing my ECU to throw all those random DTC codes?

·
Super Moderator
18,906 Posts
I've never used the 12v cord. obd2 supplies all power to tech2. May want to try it or the wall outlet. Seems like you are getting a voltage drop at the tech2.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, thank you. I will try that. So a voltage drop would cause all those random DTC codes to appear?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts