SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people,
anyone tried this new foglights?They look well alone,but how is it on the car,anyone with them fitted,or just with Photoshop abilities?
Sp***dparts produce them,Genuine also have them for brothers over the pond.
Any ideas pls.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I haven't seen those, they look awesome though! The clips and everything look like they should work, that is pretty much how the stock ones look.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
greenmatt said:
Does anyone know what sort of bulbs these take?
I imagine H4's. Otherwise they'd have to modify wiring and such so the SID can tell if the bulb is going bad.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
For my '04 fog lights, the bulb is an H8. It's an odd bulb that's hard to find unfortunately. As far as the SID goes, none of my SAABs told me that a fog light was out, so that may not be an issue. I want to try some tower LED bulbs for the fog lights, but since the tower LEDS in my back-up light's are going bad. :cry:

·
Registered
69 Posts
These are sweet. Are they 2006 fogs modified to fit the older cars? I think I just found a crack in mine;)
TOM

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
j006 said:
For my '04 fog lights, the bulb is an H8. It's an odd bulb that's hard to find unfortunately. As far as the SID goes, none of my SAABs told me that a fog light was out, so that may not be an issue. I want to try some tower LED bulbs for the fog lights, but since the tower LEDS in my back-up light's are going bad. :cry:
Really? Mine told me I had a fog light out IIRC... :confused:

G

·
I REALLY like the look of those but a few concerns. The first being that I have already invested both time and money into xenon foglight bulbs. Nothing outrageous, I'm not asking to be pulled over, but 4300K (they look a pale yellow in contrast to my low beams, 8000K). The other is the loss of the turning light function, the factory foglights house 2 bulbs as I'm sure you already know. Why didn't they add that too?

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
scottiehops said:
I REALLY like the look of those but a few concerns. The first being that I have already invested both time and money into xenon foglight bulbs. Nothing outrageous, I'm not asking to be pulled over, but 4300K (they look a pale yellow in contrast to my low beams, 8000K). The other is the loss of the turning light function, the factory foglights house 2 bulbs as I'm sure you already know. Why didn't they add that too?
They removed the "turning light" on the facelift models as well. A lot of people don't see a use for them. I personally like them, but I like these fog lights more... :p

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
OK, these are really tempting me as the round fogs will match my round xenons and look more modern. Has anyone contacted genuinesaab.com as to what bulbs? My '03 rectangular fogs are H1's.

If not H1, is it then just a matter of a new wiring harness, or will this cause electrical/SID problems? I would assume so. Are the pre '02 Saab fogs also H1's? If so, this would make sense as the way to go for the maker fo these fogs if 99-2005 all use H1 for fogs.

EDIT: Just noticed they have different part numbers for 1999-2001 and 2002-2005, so I assume they made them to fit the proper wiring harness for the particular model year.

Somebody buy these and post pics! The only thing holding me back is just 5 months ago I spent $180 at PFS for a pair of brand new rectangular fogs (great price) because the original ones had fogged up due to worn seals and condensation getting inside.

I guess I could get these and change out as my mood sees fit :cool:

G

·
I think you might be right, the positive does out weigh the negative. Now I just need to find what size bulb they take, I'm not giving up my xenon foglights :nono; The two combined however would most likely make my day :lol:

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
They will use the stock bulb. They can't just offer the new light and expect you to rewire everything. They will be H1 or H4 or whatever comes stock on these things.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:evil::evil::evil::evil:One hour after my payment the Spe*dparts staff inform me that everything is sold out and I should wait for another month.
So people drive the old style fogs for now....
It remaind me the f***AudioTroll story somehow.
To be continued...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Ya I hate the oem fog lights. There is a metal casing around the whole bulb to prevent the light from coming out. But thats basically the point of fog lights is reduced lighting for added vision during fog . Down here in Canada where I live.. we get fog twice a year so I would rather go for the cool look than praticality so I would realy like to see what the fogs look like on the car before purchasing them. Also would like to see how they light up.

·
Registered
9,874 Posts
Linear Thinker said:
Down here in Canada where I live.. we get fog twice a year

Now you are starting to sound like some Americans I have met (like a senior VP responsible for the "Amereicas" on a conference call the other day) who think that Canada is this little tiny "oh, you must know Joe, he lives in BC" kinda place. :roll: ;)

Where I am we get fog regularly, even in the winter.

But I am very curious how these lights work compared to the OEM ... my drivers side lense is smashed and I either need to replace it or move to something different.
I am also very curious as to whether these are in fact fogs or driving lights (big difference between those).

If ANYONE has them installed on their car, please give us an idea.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Down here on the coast it is foggy almost all winter in the night,the old style are good enough,but.....

·
Registered
423 Posts
FYI...right on Genuine Saab's site for those lights they say H3 bulb.

Projector fog light kit with integrated fill panels. Pair of left and right. Uses H3 bulb.

9-3 99-02 +03cv (XD955)
9-5 99-01 (XD955)
9-5 02-05 (XD960)

Available Options: Model: XD955XD960

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
It seems the H1's and H3's use the same wattage, so we should be okay wiring wise. Not sure if the connectors are the same though.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Will see in one month.....:evil:

1 - 20 of 79 Posts