SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Does anyone know a good spot to put in new speakers (not subs). The standard 4x10 is just too small and larger speakers cannot replace them in that spot. However, I want the new location to look clean.
Also, what size are the frant speakers. Thanks, Kyle

·
Banned
5,841 Posts
S double-a B said:
Hi, Does anyone know a good spot to put in new speakers (not subs). The standard 4x10 is just too small and larger speakers cannot replace them in that spot. However, I want the new location to look clean.
Also, what size are the frant speakers. Thanks, Kyle
The speakers in the back are duff but the Saab has great potential for sound.

The rear panels have alot of depth behind them.

YOu can make a baffel and load them up with drive units, please dont use ^ by 9s there the worst.

God this picture upload is weak!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
i managed to get a set of Audiobahn 4x10's in the UK (major hassle), and i can assure you that with good fitting, these sound wicked in the stock locations!

i understand why people want to replace the standard units in the back - they do suck - but with decent units in their place, the sound is so much better..... its not the location that is bad, just the units

speakers are often mounted on or recessed into the parcel shelf, but this means that when you want to carry a load, the rear speakers have to be disconnected, and the parcel shelf will no longer sit flat on the boot floor, as the speakers will stick out.....

fronts are 10cm or 4inch

good luck
G

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
I've got 4" JBL's in front and 7"x10" Jensens cut into the rear parcel shelf. 200W amp under the boot floor. JVC head unit and multichanger. Sounds alright.

·
Banned
5,841 Posts
The reason i dont recommend 6x9 is they have the most intermodulation of any shape cone, the reason being the distribution of mass and the profile of the cone, also typically 6x9 have terrible tweeters, mostly mylar and PEI plastics which sound like fried eggs and glass.

I never recommend 6x9s for this reason.

Its best to have high quality tweeters in the dash board, next to the air vents, then a high quality midrange driver in the door and 1 or 2 subwoofers/ infrawoofers in the back, next to the spare wheel well or the wheel arch.

This is a simple and well balanced set up and will give great imaging, balance and its a simple installation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts