SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just changed the spark plugs in the aero from the PFR6H-10 platinum jobbies to BCPR7ES-11 copper plugs. What a difference, the car seems so much happier now. I don't know if it's cause they're copper as opposed to platinum, colder, or just cause they're new plugs, but I'll definately be using these again. The engine just feels much smoother now, it was smooth before, but now it's like butter. I was initially worried about deviating from specs, but for $7 I had to at least try it. I highly recommend these plugs for those of you with aeros and ecu upgrades.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Well done, they are an excellent plug and recommended by several tuners too, just change them more frequently than the plats!:cool:

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nah, the way I drive, I'm better off with the colder plug. :cheesy:

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm guessing you haven't chipped it either, you'd probably be better off with the standard plug. The only real way to know is to try it and see though.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'm due for a spark plug change in the aero now, would you suggest these plugs for a close to stock car? all i have is the high flow intake kit, would you go with stock spec plugs or with the ones mentioned above?

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
They will be perfect, just gap them to 0.9 to 1.0mm they seem to do the job on my car, but then its not an Aero, just a puny 2.0 :cheesy:

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
The "little" engine that could. :p Your car is more like a Super-Aero now Chris!

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Cambio said:
The "little" engine that could. :p Your car is more like a Super-Aero now Chris!
Awe fanks, and I still dont buy platinum plugs, oh the world will end :eek:

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
FreStylMotox01 said:
I'm due for a spark plug change in the aero now, would you suggest these plugs for a close to stock car? all i have is the high flow intake kit, would you go with stock spec plugs or with the ones mentioned above?
Either the 6ES-11 or the 7ES-11, 6 if you're a normal person's, 7's if you drive like a racing driver like me. :p I don't care for the platinums, the coppers just run better. With copper plugs and higher boost pressures you have to maintain your plugs. I gap mine every oil change, that's every 4K.

·
Registered
316 Posts
could i avoid more frequent gapping and changing by getting the platinums? as long as the car runs well and it won't hurt anything in there i'm happy.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Its your money, go for it ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts