SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BEFORE :

AFTER :

Got myself some "Klingnons". I like the classic old school look.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

** OEM 3-spoke rims are now For Sale. 2 tires are Nexen EuroWin. The other 2 are Michelin X-Ice. Size : 205/55/16. Lots of meat left, ~80%
Located in Toronto, Ontario. Make me an offer.

PS. Does anyone know what these OEM rims are actually called?

·
Registered
510 Posts
They are called Hammerheads over this side of the water.
Second best looking alloy on the classic 9-5 after the Hirsch alloy, great choice.
Just need to get side skirts fitted to complete the look.
Ta,
Deano.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
klingons

Just put some on my '03 Aero Wagon as well! Love these wheels. I actually sold off my factory turbines to go with the more "classic" looks of the 3 spoke.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
PS. Does anyone know what these OEM rims are actually called?
I've always hear them called Deltas.

The Klingons look sweet! Now you need to paint those brake calipers and get some lug nut caps to complete the look! ;ol;

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I know brakes are on the top of my list... but it's kind of a can of worms. I really want to upgrade to some akebono ceramic pads so I don't have to clean my wheels every 2 days. But then if I'm pulling things apart to do the pads I may as well take the calipers off to paint them... then I'd want to upgrade my lines to braided stainless... then I'd want to get the slotted viggen rotors... all and all, that stuff just isn't in the budget right now. So may go for a set of pads and then do the rest later on down the road. But yeah, 1 week with the kilngon's on the car and they were covered in brake dust, bleh.

And definitely get the lug caps, I think they are around $13 for a set of 20, well worth it for the improved look and not showing off your rusty lugs.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys!
I didn't even know about the lug caps. Where can I get them? From the dealer? Does anyone have any extras kicking around?

Brake calipers I was planning to paint for a while now. I guess the new rims are giving me an excuse to do it sooner. What colour should I go with? I was thinking either black or gold.

·
Registered
52 Posts
sorry to keep ragging on you, but you love picture-whoring your car

Klingons rule!
I was never going to buy non Saab wheels, but I am in love with those. They are BBS right? I have the silver pre facelift 9-5 also and they look so cool. What model and size are they. Look like 18"..??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
6 Participants
SaabNineThree
SaabCentral Forums
SaabCentral forum the most comprehensive Saab resource on the internet. Join our discussions on the Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5, Saab 900, Saab 9000 and all other Saab models, choose your forum.
Full Forum Listing