SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got my linear 03 with 128k miles, but i was thinking about going and trading/selling it for a Saab Aero V6.
Mine has just minor things done to it like a rubber lip, tinted windows, hids, tinted yellow fogs, blacked out grill, debaged, led marker bulbs. Little here and there, but i was wondering if it would be worth getting an Aero.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
I went from your car to an '06 SC Aero. I loved my '03 however the V6 Aero SC had a completely, and better, feel.
You would definitely be upgrading. I'd go for it.

·
Premium Member
31,228 Posts
Ive got my linear 03 with 128k miles, but i was thinking about going and trading/selling it for a Saab Aero V6.
Mine has just minor things done to it like a rubber lip, tinted windows, hids, tinted yellow fogs, blacked out grill, debaged, led marker bulbs. Little here and there, but i was wondering if it would be worth getting an Aero.
Quite a few 9-3s in your neck of the woods :D

http://seattle.craigslist.org/search/cta?query=saab+9-3&srchType=T&minAsk=&maxAsk=

http://www.chaplins.com/used-cars/refineChange/1/10/~/VehicleTypeID_~Price1_~Make_~Model_/Make/Saab

If you can swing the price, this is what you ........... need :cool:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ctd/3250303282.html

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went from your car to an '06 SC Aero. I loved my '03 however the V6 Aero SC had a completely, and better, feel.
You would definitely be upgrading. I'd go for it.
Im looking for a primaryly black one, that doesnt have too much damage on it. Stick shift. And maybe a navi?

What is yours like?

How is the handling and the power comparison between the linear and aero?

·
Registered
636 Posts
I just went from an '03 Linear (totalled, sadly) with ~123k, stock, to an '08 Aero (FWD) and love it. As opposed to my Linear, there is torque steer, but you really have to be on the gas hard and it's not been anything uncontrollable for me. I went from an '85 SPG (totalled) to my '03 Linear and there was a definite drop off in handling. My Aero feels much closer to that old SPG, if not better than it. There is going to be a decrease in mpg, but I'm sure you've figured that in already and it can be run on regular.

The Turbo-X above is way overpriced, in my opinion. But, price markets vary from place to place as well. If I could have found a Turbo-X or an '09 Aero XWD with a manual transmission near enough to me, that would have been my first choice. I did drive an auto '09 Aero with XWD and navigation and it was a very nice car. I decided against it because I didn't need a navigation system (my phone works very well) and I just enjoyed the manual transmission so much more. Both those features pushed the price up considerably on the car, so I was going to pay extra for stuff I didn't want. :roll:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts