SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a 1999 saab 9-5 wagon V6 3.0L turbo with 100,000 on it.
its all stock i have no clue ware to start with it. I would like to get a bit more out of it as far as power goes any one know any ez fixes for a bit of power gain?

·
Registered
708 Posts
Unfortunately there's not a lot of upgrade options for our v6's. JZW Tuning can help with uprating your ECU. I haven't found any exhaust systems I like and will be getting mine custom made. As far as suspension, from what I've been told, what works on their 4 cylinders, works with our 6's. Use the "search" tab on the tool bar above, it's a life saver.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK sounds good. I have a plan for my exhaust i don't want to make it so loud i cant even drive with out ear plugs. But something tame but with more of a flow and tone to it. Just spent about $100 today to get a new air filter and take it out of the fender and put it in a ok place for now i will have to find a few pics of others with the v6 and c what there doing with it.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I did the same thing with mine. Ordered a K&N open filter kit from genuinesaab.com. Personally, I love hearing the turbo. All my Saab plans are currently on hold due to medical bills. Which sucks, but such is life, lol. Overall we have a great car. Just make damn sure you keep up with maintenance.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I gota say it is a fun car and with the up keep i am on every one around me for the lack of oil and filter changes. I do mine every 3k but whats a good oil to use i have been using mobile 1 for ever but idk if its a good thing for the saab

·
Registered
359 Posts
mobile 1 is fine its what most of us use there was a thread a while back for somthing called oolog oil or somthing like that. its a swedish product but im to lazy to search for it atm royal purple worls amazing to

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Welcome. Looking forward to more pics of your '99 9-5.

Mobile1 European Car Formula 0W-40 is very good. And of course there's Motul 300V, and Amsoil. Fairly soon I am planning to switch to 300V. So far my Aero V6 Turbo has had nothing but M1 ECF 0W-40 in its oil system, changed every 5K miles, and it runs strong.

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Mobil 1 every 3k miles on a V6? Is it even turning dark by then? Send me your old oil, I'll use it for another 3k...

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
i personally hated mobil 1, i noticed increased motor noise after using mobil coming from Redline synthetic. I've now switched over to castrol syntec euro-blend 5w-40- and so far so good, although probably still lacking in quality compared to the Redline stuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts