SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
nice car, imo the best wheels saab has made. good job on finding one with that low miles.

·
Registered
113 Posts
mohooba93 said:
nice car, imo the best wheels saab has made. good job on finding one with that low miles.
I agree, best looking wheels Saab has produced to date. '08 Aero wheels are nice too.

Enjoy your '04, our '04 Aero is Laser Red with Parchment. We love the car, fun to drive, handles well. Welcome to the Saab famly.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Low miles!

mohooba93 said:
Really! The low mileage alone is worth the admission price. I too like these wheels - but have grown to like those on my '06 Aero. Think about the cleaning...which you will do often. '06's have the wide flat spokes, easy to clean that brake dust.

Seriously, man...nice car. I hope you find, like me, that Saab will be your life-long car company. I've loved them since I considered an '87 900, but was talked out of it by a person who said Saab's take special tools and will cost LOTS more in the long haul. Well, wrong-o so far! My "Snaab" is the best vehicle I've owned to date.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
DPSCOTT said:
I agree, best looking wheels Saab has produced to date. '08 Aero wheels are nice too.

Enjoy your '04, our '04 Aero is Laser Red with Parchment. We love the car, fun to drive, handles well. Welcome to the Saab famly.
by any chance do you live in clear lake? i always see a red aero convertible around and always drool whenever i do see it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
mohooba93 said:
by any chance do you live in clear lake? i always see a red aero convertible around and always drool whenever i do see it.
I live in the DFW mid-cities. But I do like the my '06 Laser Red with Parchment, black top convertible. When it's clean it really looks good!

My wife has the '04 Laser Red with p]Parchment Aero and we picked up a Parchment with Parchment '07 Aero for my daughter on Christmas Eve; to replace the '06 2.0T she totalled on Halloween day.

So we're now a 3 Aero family.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
nice family of saabs you got going.

we were like that with caddys

i had a cts, mom has a sts, and dad has a deville. i had to break the tradition sold the cts, and replaced it with the antithesis of a cadillac, a saab.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks again guys.
the oil has been changed today with mobil 1 0w40.
and in the manual it says that it doesnt have to be changed again for 15k/2yrs. should i follow that? or should I just change it around 10k?
also iam going to tint my windows, what percentage do most of u guys go with? 35%? should i get the ones that are silver (mirror) look a like during the day and then dark during night? let me know what most of u guys got, and what would look good on a blk saab.
thx a lot

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
To answer your earlier question, M1 0W30 is the most used Oil. Many of us do not go the full 15K, some go 7.5K some go 10K and some swear you can do the 15K+, although in 06 they changed the interval to 10K...same 2.0T Engine same Oil! Go figure?:confused: Do what your comfortable with.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
JonV said:
To answer your earlier question, M1 0W30 is the most used Oil. Many of us do not go the full 15K, some go 7.5K some go 10K and some swear you can do the 15K+, although in 06 they changed the interval to 10K...same 2.0T Engine same Oil! Go figure?:confused: Do what your comfortable with.
You meant Mobil 1 0W40 right? That's the oil used by the dealers as the European 0W30 was no longer imported to the states since 2004.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yeah i'll prbly end up doing 7.5k miles too. just to so everything stays good.
another quick question, i see that my oil is not like "yellow, yellow" its still kind of darkish. Any particular reason? could that be cause 0w40 is differ then other oils that iam used to 5w/10w30?
thxx
other then that, my saab runs like a CHAMPPPPP...i love this car so much, i wish i knew about them earlier in my life..but iam happy now tho, thats' all it matters

huso

1 - 20 of 45 Posts