SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone :).

I'm 17 and I have my new 2011 Saab 9-3 Turbo4. It's white and I'm loving it.

I'm looking for some rims for it...I feel like the stock rims don't look the best.

I have three questions.

1) What is the biggest wheel size for this car without making the wheels hit the fender liner?

2) What rims do you think will look best with the white color (opinion) (also note that the windows are tinted)

3) How negatively is the car's performance impacted when the wheels aren't stock?

Here are some pictures of my car..

Since the windows are tinted, I was thinking something black like this:
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1226263&postcount=238

But I don't know how big I can go with those without causing issues..?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
The rims look fine and bigger will cause problems, look "rice" and end up bent like my buddy found out.

Look at some of the Hirsch offerings.

You want the best, in terms of quality and looks. Try HRE. :cheesy:

Get real. Get a Vtune or something similar like a JWZ for a few hundred bucks and give the car some ballz. Then put some nice sway bars on it. What's the sense of big rims if every Beemer makes burger of you in a line and in the twisties? All show and no go! :roll:

John Williams, one of the speed mavens here just had a long chat with a guy about making his car quicker and one of the things was to ditch the big rims and tires.

·
Super Moderator
31,228 Posts
Hi everyone :).

I'm 17 and I have my new 2011 Saab 9-3 Turbo4 ......

I'm very jealous of you already.

Many Saturn/Pontiac/Chevy rims are compatible with the 9-3's. Good new/used ones can often be easily found for cheap in tire/wheel stores or Craigslist, etc.

Here's one link: http://www.wheel-fitment.com/car/Saab/9-3 (2003 - 2012)/

Here in N. America, these work:

Chevrolet HHR (2005 - 2011) - (Offset: 40)
Chevrolet Malibu (2004 - ) - (Offset: 40)
Pontiac G5 (2005 - 2006) - (Offset: 45)
Pontiac G6 (2004 - 2009) - (Offset: 45)
Pontiac Solstice (2005 - 2009) - (Offset: 45)
Saab 9-3 (1998 - 2002) - (Offset: 49)
Saab 9-3X (2009 - 2012) - (Offset: 41)
Saab 9-5 (1997 - 2005) - (Offset: 49)
Saab 9-5 (2005 - 2010) - (Offset: 49)
Saab 900 (1994 - 1998) - (Offset: 49)

Wheels from Saturn Sky (cousin of Pontiac Solstice) work too. As do some Chevy Cobalt SS wheels.

·
Super Moderator
31,228 Posts
2) What rims do you think will look best with the white color (opinion) (also note that the windows are tinted)
IMHO, gloss black rims would work well with your color scheme.

Sort of like this:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you Tunnan, very useful info. I will check them out. I do like the idea of a Vtune, where would you get one? I'm new to car modifications. I've searched some but mostly got general info and not so much pertaining to saabs. I also like the idea of a sway bar, I'll see about getting that too but I don't know if I can put that on myself. I've had the car understeer before, it is not pretty.

SaabKen, I definitely agree. Some black rims (I don't know about full black, but somewhat dark/black would look good) especially with the tinted rims.

Some rims I really want are the ones at the bottom of my post, I don't know what type they are or where they came from (I took the picture but I don't remember where or when, lol, interesting night).

ALSO another question: I absolutely love the sound of the turbo. I was reading up on posts and I saw a lot about different air intakes. What is the loudest/highest quality air intake that you guys would recommend?

Thanks everyone for the great replies.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
Danny5k
SaabCentral Forums
SaabCentral forum the most comprehensive Saab resource on the internet. Join our discussions on the Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5, Saab 900, Saab 9000 and all other Saab models, choose your forum.
Full Forum Listing